HS 49cc exhaust

GoldenMotor.com

jliveit

Sep 10, 2012
California
i ordered the 2 Piece Muffler "Poo Poo Pipe" Deluxe exhaust from bicycle-engines.com for my 49cc four stroke and it definitely wont work because it wont align up with the exhaust port on the engine since the exhaust has a weird bend in it and it hits the in frame mounting bracket. im going to call bicycle-engines.com and complain about the exhaust that i paid just about $50 for and it doesnt even fit. Does anyone know of a good exhaust? im definitely sending it back and demanding a refund.

MotoMagz

Aug 2, 2010
Michigan
i ordered the 2 Piece Muffler "Poo Poo Pipe" Deluxe exhaust from bicycle-engines.com for my 49cc four stroke and it definitely wont work because it wont align up with the exhaust port on the engine since the exhaust has a weird bend in it and it hits the in frame mounting bracket. im going to call bicycle-engines.com and complain about the exhaust that i paid just about $50 for and it doesnt even fit. Does anyone know of a good exhaust? im definitely sending it back and demanding a refund.

You might be able to grind a corner off of the mount to get it to fit.I had to grind /file a corner off of the mounting plate to get one to work.These kits/bikes are not just plug in play and you will always have to figure out how to get stuff to work.I know it sux to spend $50 and not be able to just install it on your bike.Imagine back in the day no instructions no forum and a box of parts and some missing ...that why we are heredance1

showcaller

Mar 9, 2011
Los Angeles
I have a stock 49 cc four stroke and now that I have started to research new pipes it seems there are a few folks out there all offering one. Can you guys weigh in with what you bought from who and how many more mph do you get with it, assuming you didn't do anything else with the engine. thanks.

Sho

moonerdizzle

Jun 28, 2009
Cheese head capitol
if you have access to a welder you can make a nice exhaust out of old road bike handle bars. they have all the bends you could need, if you need more straight lengths, 3/4 inch conduit works out well. heres the one i made, it had a slip in baffle in the back, i took it out tho, sounds better with out it.

ocho ninja

Jan 14, 2012
San Jose, CA
Here's the one I ordered for my build. its in stock. I havent recieved it yet so i dont know how it works.
there is a shorter version too for less money
http://www.affordablegokarts.com/mm...ode=A&Product_Code=2504&Category_Code=MTRBK49
So did i....i ordered the same one last week, told me it was on back order.
Told it was going to shipped out by this week but still haven't got anything.

i have a stock two stroke pipe cut out, it makes a great sound but im looking for something longer that doest exit next to my feet.

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
Here are a few photos of the exhaust I made for my Point Beach build.

1. Bars are from an old stationary exercise bicycle.
2. Generic lawn mower muffler.
3. A couple dollars worth of pipe from the local steel yard.
4. Section of 1/4" x 1 1/2" steel strap for fabricating the cylinder head flange.

Last edited: