Engine buzzing/bogging high torque situations

GoldenMotor.com

Ancient Order

Feb 29, 2012
Tucson
Whenever I'm going up a hill or starting off my engine will start to make a weird sharp buzzing sound and lose power. Is it not getting enough air/fuel? Whats making that sound?

Thanks

vachon644

Nov 27, 2011
Quebec city, QC, Canada
If you think this is abnormal then you should remove the covers at least, make sure it's not a chain/tensioner problem, turn the crankshaft with a socket magneto side and try to feel irregularities, etc.

Have you played with anything that could've change the air/fuel mixture? (Airbox, exhaust, leak?)

Have you got free flowing fuel? Maybe the gas tank isn't venting properly.

Ancient Order

Feb 29, 2012
Tucson
If you think this is abnormal then you should remove the covers at least, make sure it's not a chain/tensioner problem, turn the crankshaft with a socket magneto side and try to feel irregularities, etc.

Have you played with anything that could've change the air/fuel mixture? (Airbox, exhaust, leak?)

Have you got free flowing fuel? Maybe the gas tank isn't venting properly.
I raised the needle in the carb one notch and, after checking my spark plug just recently, was running a very lean air/fuel ratio. I turned the idle air screw on my carb ccw, (it was almost all the way in), but i seem to still have the problem. Is that buzzing noise the clutch slipping? Could you go into detail about how to check for irregularities Aleman?

The noise sounds like a deep panging buzzing and it does not sound good haha

Nitbbe

Feb 17, 2012
Bangor, PA
What color was your plug. I suddenly had this problem today on my 66cc Flying Horse. Moved the c clip one notch up (top) too. I didnt have this problem until I checked my plug earlier today. Suddenly while riding the bick started jerking back and forth when i hit my first hill. So far it seems to be running better with those adjustments made. Is your rear sprocket aligned properly. just a little off could cause slack and tension in your chain making your bike act like that.

Kevin

Ancient Order

Feb 29, 2012
Tucson
What color was your plug. I suddenly had this problem today on my 66cc Flying Horse. Moved the c clip one notch up (top) too. I didnt have this problem until I checked my plug earlier today. Suddenly while riding the bick started jerking back and forth when i hit my first hill. So far it seems to be running better with those adjustments made. Is your rear sprocket aligned properly. just a little off could cause slack and tension in your chain making your bike act like that.

Kevin
I actually moved the pin down one notch (2nd from bottom,) raising the needle. I just put a new plug in a bit ago and I checked it last night and it was almost white. So that's why I changed the air/fuel ratio pretty drastically, the idle air screw is almost all the way out now. But my chain and sprocket are fine, its not jerking at all but smoothly losing power/just staying at the same speed, but with the buzzing noise.

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
I've had leaking head gaskets make a buzzing sound when under a load...worth checking anyway...