A couple questions about the exhaust and gas tank..

GoldenMotor.com

Rmerac

Aug 29, 2011
Independence, MO
I'm loving this Grubee Skyhawk engine kit, (http://www.gasbike.net/bicycle_motor_engine_kit_gas_bike_jet_80cc.html) , however, I was wondering, would it be possible to find a larger gas tank, perhaps a gallon or two bigger? Also, I read a lot about the factory exhausts being a bit.. well.. noisy, or "ill-tuned".. is there a good place to find some exotic/unique/performance increasing mufflers?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Rmerac

Aug 29, 2011
Independence, MO
Also, when installing a, say Skyhawk GT5 kit, onto a bike.. would I need to do any welding of any sort? Or is everything that I'll need, ENTIRELY, included in the kit? (Again, this will be my first time with this project, however I plan to follow instructions and ask many questions while installing it to insure I'm doing it correctly.)

Rmerac

Aug 29, 2011
Independence, MO
When it comes to the exhaust though, will I be required to have welding access, to attach it and what not? Because unfortunately, my campus at which I attend school doesn't have that class, only the one completely across town does. heh

WildAlaskan

Sep 30, 2010
alaska
The sbp expansion chamber is very versatile and for the most part should require no welding because the design can be mounted so flexibly

If I were to buy another kit I would go with a gt50 from that's Dax he assembles his motors in America with supperier components

James912

Apr 12, 2011
Florida
I'd buy an engine and kit from either thats dax, or staton inc. They are built the best. Low to no maintenance. Can get lots of miles on them. Im going to get a fd from staton sometime soon.

Saddletramp1200

Custom MB Buiilder
May 7, 2008
Houston, Texas
I have seen three MB's that have Motorcycle gas tanks. Some welding to make them mount on the frame was done. The 1 gallon tank is the largest MB tank I know of. I carry a small bottle of 2stroke oil in my back pack. Given the range of these bikes I just fill the tank, add the oil and go. Never put the oil in first. Always shut off the petcock before fueling. If you put the oil in first your going to have a carb full of oil! I learned that the hard way. (c)

CTripps

Aug 22, 2011
Vancouver, B.C.
I didn't need to have anything welded, that would come in more if you have to customise the frame to fit the motor. However I did stop at a local mechanic's shop for 30 seconds use of the acetylene torch to put a bit more of a bend in my exhaust pipe to clear the cranks.