I can't sleep

GoldenMotor.com

kevinkrg6

Jun 3, 2011
ohio
I used to have a huge problem with this.

I made sure to

-Relax before bed, no computer, tv. Read a fiction book. Drink some chamomille tea, or if not your preference, warm milk (ew).

-Bed only for sleep and sex (haha)

-Don't study or do other stuff in your bedroom. For sleep and sex!!! (HAHA!)

-Develop sleep pressure. No day naps. If a power nap is needed, no more than 45 minutes, and MUST end before 3 o clock.

-No caffeine after like 1 o clock. Morning coffee is fine IF thats all you drink. I just go with no caffeine.

-I was given seroquel (a bipolar calmer-downer med. O.O) because ambien is only meant for short term.

-Go to sleep and wake up at the same time every day.

This is all the stuff any sleep doctor will tell you. I've seen like 3.

If you make a conscious effort to do most of these, you will sleep beautifully. Sounds dumb, works intelligently.

Ride that thing.

Last edited:

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
This summer it's been so hot around here, late night riding is what I've been doing the most. I like riding at night anyway.

I found this one night while out riding late.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
I used to have a huge problem with this.

I made sure to

-Relax before bed, no computer, tv. Read a fiction book. Drink some chamomille tea, or if not your preference, warm milk (ew).

-Bed only for sleep and sex (haha)

-Don't study or do other stuff in your bedroom. For sleep and sex!!! (HAHA!)

-Develop sleep pressure. No day naps. If a power nap is needed, no more than 45 minutes, and MUST end before 3 o clock.

-No caffeine after like 1 o clock. Morning coffee is fine IF thats all you drink. I just go with no caffeine.

-I was given seroquel (a bipolar calmer-downer med. O.O) because ambien is only meant for short term.

-Go to sleep and wake up at the same time every day.

This is all the stuff any sleep doctor will tell you. I've seen like 3.

If you make a conscious effort to do most of these, you will sleep beautifully. Sounds dumb, works intelligently.

Ride that thing.
I don't think Dave is looking for a cure lol.

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
I've been doing Ambien every day for 4 years now.

Yup, I'm an Ambien addict.

No other problems though. 5 milligrams a day keeps the sheep away.

kevinkrg6

Jun 3, 2011
ohio
I guess I wouldn't want a cure to being a MB addict either..... I still ride a lot at night too.

Usually at like 2 - 3.

Lol at the backpack locked up.

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
Been there, done this. I'll bet when my Higgins is on the road, I'll be joining Dave in spirit there. May as well get some sleep now while I can. I'm not certain I want a cure for my addiction just yet either.

James912

Apr 12, 2011
Florida
Exercise during the day so then you'll be tired at nite. Thats what i do and it works. Go for a mile run and you'll be set.