Need a replacement carb needle

GoldenMotor.com

Mozenrath

Jan 13, 2011
California
Well, I did something stupid.

A little while ago, my idle screw fell out, so I decided to just replace it with another one from the box under my workbench.

Seemed to fit fine but it was longer than the original one. I didn't think that would hurt anything though(stupidly). Well, it actually went in far enough that it bent the needle in the carb and now the throttle and idle don't work properly. I've tried straightening the needle with no luck.

Is there anywhere that I can just get a new carb needle? Are there any stores like NAPA that sell these?

I'm using the stock NT carb, btw.

Al.Fisherman

Sep 9, 2009
Calera, Alabama
Well, I did something stupid.

A little while ago, my idle screw fell out, so I decided to just replace it with another one from the box under my workbench.

Seemed to fit fine but it was longer than the original one. I didn't think that would hurt anything though(stupidly). Well, it actually went in far enough that it bent the needle in the carb and now the throttle and idle don't work properly. I've tried straightening the needle with no luck.

Is there anywhere that I can just get a new carb needle? Are there any stores like NAPA that sell these?

I'm using the stock NT carb, btw.
I don't know off hand where a new needle can be had. Since it is a stop, and needle the same thread, cut down to size might do the trick. This is why I preach in my mounting instructions to secure the needle.