Connecting sprocket to back Wheel has anyone done it????

GoldenMotor.com

recon chris

Apr 28, 2011
pacific grove
Hi, I have a grumbee SkyHawk gt5 kit and I put it in a Rolly m50 bicycle. It originally came with a rag joint connection for connecting the sprocket to the rear wheel (as all kits do). After about 2 months of riding I looked at my rear wheel just for fun while I was riding and noticed that it was wobbling heavily. Upon closer inspection two of the sprockets are striped out.

The reason for this it a two part problem
1. The wheel is getting its drive power through only half of its sprockets.
2. The engine is rated to 2.75 HP and is far more powerful than a human is.

So I have been looking for a way to connect the rear sprocket to the rear hub of the wheel but I have been running into some problems.

The first thought was to put one of Manic Mechanics adapters onto the preexisting hub and run a sprocket off that.
The problem with that idea is that he can only fit hubs between .900" and 1.500" and my hub measures .657" well under the limit.

I think his adapters are only for costar brake hubs and I want to know if you can buy a costar brake hub diameter for a 21 speed bike.(without the coaster brake of course)

The second option I have seen is the HD Axle Kits. They are suppose to be the official answer to this problem.
What I don’t like is that they have sealed bearing and it appears that I can’t change the axle out of it. Also it says you can mount a 5 speed gear set up on it but my question is can you use your own gears that are already on the bike?

I have so many questions how do you do this right please tell me how you did it.