Engine Kit For Sale!

GoldenMotor.com
Status
Not open for further replies.

LS614

Dec 22, 2009
CT and MA
Hi everyone! I am selling my SD stinger engine kit. From the beginning I have taken good care of this engine. I added lithium grease to the clutch gears weeks before assembling it. I also added a B5HS plug metallic core wire that has been JB welded in place, and a red silicone boot from NAPA. The front engine mount is a large downtube mount from SBP that is mounted permanently in the position you see it in. I had to loctite it in place because the the threads were close to stripping completely. I rode it about 50 miles with the SBP mount and had no issues. The clutch has always worked well, I know some people have issues but I never have had any. You can still see the grooves in the top of the piston and the plug is a toasty brown color. I ran it at 25:1 the entire time I have had it, and it only has 73 miles on it! The chain is sized for an in-frame mount of a modern Schwinn cruiser. The pipe is the stock catalytic exhaust which has a few scuffs because my pedal never cleared it right. I spent about 2 hours of time filing the teeth of the rear sprocket, so I have never had chain jumping issues. The throttle is cheaply made, but it still works. I will send the kit with the kill wires and CDI pre-wired since I spliced the wires the way they were supposed to be connected and then put heatshrink tubing to seal it tight. I have never had electrical issues either :). I ran the carb at two notches from the top on the needle, and adjusted it to have an idle on the fast side (never any air leaks on the carb). There is about a 1" diameter dent in the gas tank, but no leaks (it has SBP stickers on the sides) The head is not warped and the gasket does not spew :)! This is an engine kit that has had 73 miles of testing and improvement, and is running in tip-top shape. After shipping I paid around $170 for it, and with the extra parts mentioned above coming to around $30 I am asking a starting price of $140 plus shipping, O.B.O. I fit everything into the original box. PM me if you are interested. This is as good a kit for noobs as it is for experienced tuners. Make me an offer, tell me if I am asking an unfair price.

Peace
-LS

LS614

Dec 22, 2009
CT and MA
Bump, let us sell this beautiful engine, I'm without a motorbike right now, if you buy this, I can work on putting new things into it!

LS614

Dec 22, 2009
CT and MA
It's a pending sale right now, but I still have not gotten my money. If I do not get my money or a good excuse by Monday I'll talk to you. I guess I could sell the engine separately but I would want to wait on parting it out until I got desperate. Thanks!

LS614

Dec 22, 2009
CT and MA
I don't know what is happening with the money order, the guy supposedly sent it. If I do not get it soon, I am putting the engine back up for sale! :)

LS614

Dec 22, 2009
CT and MA
This engine is back up for sale, I narrowly avoided falling victim to a craigslist money laundering scheme, glad I avoided that one :D Tell me if you are interested. My price is very fair for what I put into it, it's a REALLY good deal. Ask questions if interested :)

discontinuuity

May 24, 2010
Colorado, USA
I'm still interested if you want to part it out. I'll offer $40 for the rear sprocket, rag joint, chain, gas tank, and throttle; plus another $10 for the wide cranks if you've got 'em. I'm willing to negotiate on price.

LS614

Dec 22, 2009
CT and MA
I will consider it, but like I said, at this point it is a fully complete and functioning kit and I would prefer to sell it that way. Thank you for your offer :)
-LS

Status
Not open for further replies.