Best recommended Grubee engine??

GoldenMotor.com

NerpAngel

Sep 28, 2009
Ellensburg,WA
I'm looking for a new engine, perferably a grubee engine since I've seen a lot of people talk about then. If you enjoy grubee then what design is your favorite? GT2? GT5? GT4??
if not the grubee, then what?

:)

matthurd

Dec 13, 2010
manchester NH
i have a GT5 and i'm impressed by its performance, but 1 of the studs for the exhaust pipe is giving me h3ll. the threads weren't tapped very well at all and now im left cleaning up the mess when it would have been far more simple for them to do it properly in the first place.

but i have very little experience with MBs in general and no experience with other grubee motors or any other brands.

skiball83

Nov 18, 2010
Chicago
Hey matt I have the same problem with mine. I stripped out pretty much right after I got it. JB weld didnt work so I shoved a cut piece of a .22lr shell in there. Its holding ok but I really need to re tap it. What did you do to fix your issue?

Nerp other than the exhaust stud problem Im experiancing I really like the GT5. Dont get the CNS carb if you have the option. I have both and I dont really care for the CNS. The regular old NT works just fine. I started going crazy adjusting this and reajusting that. All I had to to with the NT was put the c clip one notch higher and leave it be.

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
i've had a 3 GT4's, a GT5 (all 66cc's,) and a GenIII 50cc.

i like the GT4's much better than the 5's.

the castings are better, the carb is better (stock NT on the 4, and "speed" NT on the 5,) the exhaust was better, had the aluminum manifold instead of the crappy steel one, and with the same mods i did, the GT4 runs circles around the GT5.

matthurd

Dec 13, 2010
manchester NH
flybytaco helped me tune my carb over the internet and my cns tuned quite easily only trouble was at first he didn't notice (and never doing this myself i wouldn't have known it either) my air screw (i think that's what it was?) was out to much when these carbs like it in all way in, so when i was adjusting the idle screw it wasn't really doing anything. for my motor both screws in all the way and it seems to be running well.

as far as how did i fix the stud. i didn't it's still not working n therefore my bike is not ridable after a short 4 miles.

skiball83

Nov 18, 2010
Chicago
as far as how did i fix the stud. i didn't it's still not working n therefore my bike is not ridable after a short 4 miles.
Well when I finally tap mine to a m7 x 1.0mm Ill post an update and let everyone know how it went.

Regarding the CNS I actually had mine tuned nice, I just couldnt stop tinkering with it. I just like the simplicity of the NT.