Ridgedale

GoldenMotor.com

obd1kenobi

Dec 28, 2009
chicago
Still a few more adjustments to do, but it's finally done! Rides smooth, and it's got some nice power. All I need now is a new pipe to complete it. I had the stock pk 80 muffler on it, but it broke off the other day. I gotta talk to Pirate Cycles to see if they can send me a new one. This pipe I'm using belongs on my other bike, but it doesn't have the catalyst inside, so that's a plus!

Attachments

obd1kenobi

Dec 28, 2009
chicago
ya, it's an aluminum frame, steel fork (from Spooky Tooth). I am also using a different front mount at the moment. I'll take more pics tomorrow.

obd1kenobi

Dec 28, 2009
chicago
I first polished the fins, then taped them off carefully, trimmed excess with sharp razor, and primed the inside. I then took the tape off, polished again, then taped again, trimmed excess with razor, and painted. After the paint was applied, I still had to polish the fins more just cause that's how I wanted it to be. Blinging, This head is making my engine run really crappy until it gets hot. Once it's hot, it runs good. I have been hearing some stories about these heads destroying peoples engines, but I don't really take mine to the absolute limit, so I hope mine will turn out good. I don't know if this matters, but I ran the billet head from day1, meaning I never ran the stock head onthis engine, and It's being broken- in with the billet head. I hit 39.2 mph today. setup-pk80, Jim's Billet Head, and Intake, stock carb, stock exhaust, 38t sprocket. I'm thinking I need a speed carb, and a chamber pipe next.

Salty Gator

Aug 3, 2009
Florida
I first polished the fins, then taped them off carefully, trimmed excess with sharp razor, and primed the inside. I then took the tape off, polished again, then taped again, trimmed excess with razor, and painted. After the paint was applied, I still had to polish the fins more just cause that's how I wanted it to be. Blinging, This head is making my engine run really crappy until it gets hot. Once it's hot, it runs good. I have been hearing some stories about these heads destroying peoples engines, but I don't really take mine to the absolute limit, so I hope mine will turn out good. I don't know if this matters, but I ran the billet head from day1, meaning I never ran the stock head onthis engine, and It's being broken- in with the billet head. I hit 39.2 mph today. setup-pk80, Jim's Billet Head, and Intake, stock carb, stock exhaust, 38t sprocket. I'm thinking I need a speed carb, and a chamber pipe next.
I have the same bike and am using Jim's stuff too minus the billet head....the intake,mounts and sprocket/adapter which is also a 38 tooth....I installed springer front and new tires and am in the process of getting a poo-poo pipe for it..I installed sporty shorty fenders and a speed carb..it's an extremely smooth running and fun ride ! probably not as fast as yours but close....

Salty.shft.

Attachments

Last edited: