engine sprocket stuck?

GoldenMotor.com

demonslayer956

Jul 23, 2009
McAllen Texas
Ive got a Schwinn Jaguar and im trying to install a 66cc skyhawk engine from gasbike.net . I installed the clutch cable and when i pull it its very hard to pull and it doesnt feel like its doing anything. It pulls the clutch arm very little. The engine sprocket doesnt move with or without me pulling the clutch. How can i fix this stuck sprocket?

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Take the side cover off and tap the rod that goes through the sprocket with a ball peen hammer.

You may need to adjust the spring tension if that doesn't work.

It usually works after a tap or two.

madbr3991

Aug 10, 2009
WA.
if you take the sprocket cover off. on the inside of the cover you should see a round part and inside of that is the clutch arm. i put some extra washers in there so they would push the clutch pin. put the cover back on then push the clutch arm. the first time is always the hardest. you might here a noise then the sprocket should move. now take the washers out put the cover on. you should be able to use the clutch now

spad4me

Jan 20, 2008
Arizona Bullhead
All happy time clutch s are very hard to work.

Re run your stock clutch cable as straight as possible.
Grease or silicone the inside cable.

Sick bike parts sells a teflon clutch cable.

LargeFillipino created a roller pulley to solve this problem.
Creative Engeneering sells a clutch arm that also solves this issue.

Last edited:

bseelbach

Jul 19, 2009
USA
I had a similar issue with a new Grubbee 66 I received on Friday. Tried adjusting the spring tension with no luck. I pulled the clutch and realized that the front and the back did not spin freely. Essentially the entire clutch assembly spun as one unit independent of friction caused by the plate. I pulled the clutch, set it on a solid surface and lightly tapped the pins. It came free and seems to be fine now.

duck

Aug 20, 2009
washington
I recently bought a 49cc bike kit from boygofast on ebay and i am having the same problem w/ clutch took off taped it still wont come loose?

Last edited: