What was your first bike?

GoldenMotor.com

Big Joe

Jan 6, 2008
Decatur Al
My first bike must have had 16'"or smaller wheels and they did not have air. I think they were solid rubber with spokes.. I am sure it did not have coaster brakes. The best I remember the peddles turned all the time. It was more like a two wheel tricycle with the peddles between the two wheels. I was 4 or 5 years old. That was 62 or 63 years ago. It was run over by a car and was destroyed. The second bike was a 26" bike like the schwinn. It had a tank with a horn button on one side, luggage rack. The fork had a spring on each side. It was purchased at a Goodyear store in 1945,1946, or 1947. I was 5,6, or 7 years old.It was really too large for me. It lasted about 3 years with no trouble until my cousin and I started working on it. There was trouble from then on.

nogoodnic

Jan 29, 2008
Shelby MI
forum1.freakbikenation.com
My first bike was a hand built 20" girls bike with tabs to add a boys bar. The bike was built by a local bike shop owner/tinkerer by the name of Max Filo. I still have this bike and have robbed parts off of it occasionly for newer builds, the glitter blue bannena seat is currently on my 16" pixie racer...Kelly