Building a New Mountain Bike

GoldenMotor.com

djpass7

Oct 13, 2014
Chico, CA
Today I will try to run it when I get home. The 400 series stainless flexible pipe was impossible to weld without holes, so I used quick steel exhaust repair to fill in the holes. Now the quick steel is dry I will run the bike and check the quick steel for leaks. If its all good, I will give it a coat of Rustoleum High Heat black paint and put orange header wrap on to match the bike.

More pics coming soon

Last edited:

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Davezilla, I'd be happy to torture test your wet clutch if you need testers.
I'm old, fat, and fast when I want to be, and I have a ported motor with a nice fat midrange installed now, with another more aggressively ported motor waiting in the wings (for better weather and me to get off my fat butt and try it out!)
I also tend to abuse my clutch since I can't pedal like I used to.
PM me if you decide you need more testing.

djpass7

Oct 13, 2014
Chico, CA
This thing is a beast. When the power band comes on at 8 mph with 24 inch wheels and a 36 t sprocket it rockets up to 25-30 mph. My gps speedo skips from 10 to 20 mph. On gavel, it will "burn rubber" for about 30 yards. On asphalt it will pop wheelys and keep in mind this is with 6:1 compression, really low.

Also the quick steel is doing real well where I had to repair holes in the header.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Glad to hear its running so good, do you weigh about 25-30lbs......lol!
"On gravel it will burn rubber for 30yds"

No seriously, the bike with a 24" wheel and the 36T sprocket should pull good, I have a 24" wheel bike with a 30T on the rear and it still has good low rpm power, I really like how the 24" wheels work out on a motorized bike, to me they ride and handle better than the 26" wheeled bikes I have.

You did a great job on your bike..... have fun, burn rubber, pop wheelies but do it safe as possible.....

djpass7

Oct 13, 2014
Chico, CA
Haha yes I do only weigh 100 lbs. also, can you pm me your Paypal address so I can get one of those idlers from you map. As you can see my current idler keeps loosening.

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
That thing looks and sounds Great... I'm sure at 100lb that thing can propel you pretty quickly...
Not many can pull off building that pipe either... Excellent Job

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Haha yes I do only weigh 100 lbs. also, can you pm me your Paypal address so I can get one of those idlers from you map. As you can see my current idler keeps loosening.
got your message, and Ill be sending out the one you wanted tomorrow....I think you'll like it, so much better than the kit idler wheel.