A good man and respected motorized bicycler has taken a nasty spill

GoldenMotor.com
Sep 20, 2008
Clearwater, FL
web.tampabay.rr.com
Kawasaki, on this forum, Kawasaki999 on Motoredbikes took a nasty spill yesterday while riding his bike. He is a local customer and a friend.

He is at the bay front medical center in Tampa with 5 broken ribs, a punctured lung, a colar bone/shoulder break...It was an unfortunate mishap...the front tire literally blew out, and he was thrown to the pavement at 25mph. Thank god he was wearing a helmet!!!

Show your support guys...He is a seasoned rider of motorcycles and motoredbikes. He has the best equipment...his bikes are outfitted with the best of everything. Things happen!

Give him a call, send him a note...believe me he will be gratefull to hear from you!!!

Bayfront (727) 553-7533 This is the direct number to Craigs room. Just tell him you're from the forum, and wish him a speedy recovery.

Bayfront direct (727) 823-1234 ask for room 533...Craig Blough

Jim

toker_ace

Oct 15, 2008
alabama
Re: A good man and respected MB'er has taken a nasty spill

I hope he has a speedy recovery! I have gotten into not wearing my helmet, that is over! Most of us aren't as young as we use to be!Lets all pray for him!

seca40

Nov 15, 2008
Albuquerque

I'm very sorry to hear of Kawasaki999's terrible misfortune. Yes,thank God he was wearing his helmet. My hopes and prayers for a full recovery.

Shadeslay

Feb 25, 2009
Arroyo Grande, Ca

Sorry to hear of Kawasaki's accident, I hope he recovers quickly.

I must say it's one of my biggest fears with these bikes is a front tire blow out. It just seems like one of the worst scenarios.

BrettMavriK

Oct 3, 2008
Tampa Bay, FL

Get Well Soon, Craig!

Let me know if you need me to do anything for you.

'Brett

Last edited:

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.

All right now I wanna put a new tube in my front tire , its really old with stress cracks in it. Wow sorry to here about that get well soon I hope!

Steel Horseman

Mar 23, 2009
brandon,fl

Hey Buddy! Thank goodness helmets work!!!!! I know you will be up and about soon!

Your Buddy,

The Steel Horseman..........Charlie

GeneFiorot

Feb 12, 2009
Punta Gorda Florida

HI Guys
I spoke to Craig today and well, his spirits are good for a guy who is in a lot of pain. He might go home tomorrow but he is having problems tolerating the pain meds. He is looking at 6 to 8 weeks of recovery.
Gene

FileStyle

May 27, 2008
Decatur,IL

Get well soon Kaw. will be thinking of ya. say your prayers and eat your vitamins. god bless you that you will have a speedy recovery.

Retmachinist

Oct 21, 2008
Urbandale Ia

So sorry to hear about Craig. Sounds like he had taken all the right precautions and still something bad happened. I always think safety first when I build these things, but there are always the freak accidents. I had purchased a 36 tooth sprocket for this last build, but that is out! I am sticking with the 44. I don't need to be going any faster than they already go.
Hope you have a quick recovery Craig!

John S.

FileStyle

May 27, 2008
Decatur,IL

It's not the speed that gets you hurt , it's that sudden stop that does!

FileStyle

May 27, 2008
Decatur,IL

Hey Jim:
what kind of tires was kaw riding on when his accident happened? Mtn. Bike or Cruiser? what size of tires? even with the best of equipment (safety gear , good parts) what kind of air pressure was he running? or did he happen to hit or run over something?
Again sorry to hear about your accident Kaw, get well soon and god bless!

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008

I hope you get well soon Craig.

Jun 25, 2008

Rest up my friend, if you wanna be positive, this could be that well earned break you felt you needed! Seriously, take it easy, keep eating the ice creams and you'll be tinkering in no time. Hope someone is printing these out for ya.

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal

Wow that's must have been a pretty nasty fall. Hope you have a speedy recovery.