oil is coming form muffler at the base by the peddles

GoldenMotor.com

cj200

May 19, 2012
na
on my two bikes my wife and my;ps my wife bike kit is new just got it this week got it on it runs great but oil is coming form muffler at the base by the peddles
and going all of the peddles arms
here the pic of what it looks like
and the same things is happen to my bike muffler

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
Assuming that you have a 2 stroke engine, all 2 stroke engines spit out some oil unless you are burning a full synthetic or synthetic blend oil that is designed to mix at a high ratio such as 80:1 or 100:1.
What you are experiencing is normal.
Note: never, EVER mix a low ratio pre mix oil at high ratios to overcome an oil spitting issue.
You will rob the engine's internals of proper lubrication and the engine will get ruined quickly.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Totally normal for a 2 stroke engine running standard 2 stroke oil at recommended ratios.
Those of us who use the more exotic 100:1 oils don't have the problem, at least to the extent that others do.
I'm not advocating the use of those oils, just stating a fact. Keep a few rags or paper towles handy to wipe off the residuals and enjoy your bikes. Glad your wife is sharing the hobby with you. That must be fun.

Tom

cj200

May 19, 2012
na
Totally normal for a 2 stroke engine running standard 2 stroke oil at recommended ratios.
Those of us who use the more exotic 100:1 oils don't have the problem, at least to the extent that others do.
I'm not advocating the use of those oils, just stating a fact. Keep a few rags or paper towles handy to wipe off the residuals and enjoy your bikes. Glad your wife is sharing the hobby with you. That must be fun.

Tom
thanks for help and yeah she love riding the bike but she bit afraid with cars driving on our street as they can't drive for **** and they drive like nuts lol
im using 24:1 on the new bike we just build and on the other bike were running 50:1 should i got to 100:1 or 40:1 or just stay 50:1?

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
24:1 is an excellent break in ratio and will definitely drip.
If the oil you now use is designed to be mixed at 50:1 and you are happy with it then stay with it.
I forgot to mention that a carburetor that is tuned rich can also contribute to excessive oil dripping. That said, dripping is still normal, even at 50:1.
If you switch to Opti2 or a similar synthetic that is designed to be mixed at 100:1 you would be hard pressed to ever get any drips at all.
I solved my drippy problems on my 2 stroke bike by using an exhaust that goes all the way to the rear of the bike.
http://motorbicycling.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=37386&d=1308790692
It can drip all it wants to now, I don't really care.

Last edited:

cj200

May 19, 2012
na
24:1 is an excellent break in ratio and will definitely drip.
If the oil you now use is designed to be mixed at 50:1 and you are happy with it then stay with it.
I forgot to mention that a carburetor that is tuned rich can also contribute to excessive oil dripping. That said, dripping is still normal, even at 50:1.
If you switch to Opti2 or a similar synthetic that is designed to be mixed at 100:1 you would be hard pressed to ever get any drips at all.
I solved my drippy problems on my 2 stroke bike by using an exhaust that goes all the way to the rear of the bike.
http://motorbicycling.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=37386&d=1308790692
It can drip all it wants to now, I don't really care.
ok thanks for the info it help me out alot sents im new to this

could you tell me how to tuned the carburetor so it aint to rich

also if it to rich will it make it not run as fast?

Last edited:

cj200

May 19, 2012
na
ok thanks for the info it help me out alot sents im new to this

could you tell me how to tuned the carburetor so it aint to rich

also if it to rich will it make it not run as fast?
i just found out how make it less rich thanks for the helpdnutcvlt1r.ly..

jdavidstamper

Jul 3, 2012
meridian, Id
Assuming that you have a 2 stroke engine, all 2 stroke engines spit out some oil unless you are burning a full synthetic or synthetic blend oil that is designed to mix at a high ratio such as 80:1 or 100:1.
What you are experiencing is normal.
Note: never, EVER mix a low ratio pre mix oil at high ratios to overcome an oil spitting issue.
You will rob the engine's internals of proper lubrication and the engine will get ruined quickly.
i had the same issue during the break in period, once i started to ride the bike more often and use the 1-25 ratio i had less problems, make no mistake though it will continue to happen unless you purchase a high syn oil which is much more pricy

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Just make sure when you are messing with fuel to oil ratios and adjusting your carbs, you keep an eye on the plug.