Always wanted to do this..

GoldenMotor.com

Wookie

May 1, 2012
Bozeman Montana
Hey guys,
I just built my first bike and lemme say...these things are friggin awesome! Ive been riding around on this black on black beach cruiser since last summer. I was planning on figuring out a way of putting a lawnmower or chainsaw on it, but then I saw how cheap these motors were so I went ahead and bought one of those 66cc Skyhawks.

It took me a few days to put it on..I had to get someone at ace hardware to fabricate a metal piece so I could mount the engine and I took a large hammer to the exhaust pipe to get that out of the way of the pedal. Other than that it went smoother than I expected. I pretty much came here every time I had a question and usually found the answer I needed (search feature win).

I dropped the seat all the way down and I'm currently fashioning a head light out of a half sized aluminum baked beans can and some LEDs. I'm not sure what I want to do for my tail light yet. I think I might mount some LED's on the very end of my frame near the axle. I also want to make some sort of fenders because I got drenched on my first test drive...I just couldn't wait til tomorrow.

Anyways..I'd like to say thanks and here's a pic of my bike before I took it to the streets.

Attachments

NunyaBidness

Jun 29, 2008
memphis tn
That is a nice lookin' bike. Welcome to the best motor bike forum on the www. It's also nice to find someone who knows how to use the search feature.

Lookin' forward to seeing lots more pics.

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
Nice cruiser motorized bicycle, W !

Yep, they are fun, cheep, and practical for short hops.
Some fellows ride them long distance nearly every day!

Good deal on the bean can lite! Many things can be fabbed for a motorized bicycle!

Best
rc

Wookie

May 1, 2012
Bozeman Montana
I ordered some highpowered led lights/lenses today.
It's roughly $64 for the lights and driver.

I'm going to go with something like this...

http://www.racedaynutrition.com/features/bikelight.aspx

except I plan on housing it all inside of that bean can of mine with a piece of plexiglass capped on or something to make sure its all water tight.

I have a ton of rechargable AA's lying around the house that I was going to use for power. We'll see how it goes..