Right side drive and peddle chain

GoldenMotor.com

glennbo

Aug 24, 2010
HAMMOND
THIS IS A NEW BUILD IM WORKING ON WITH MOPED WHEELS I DIDNT WANT TO GIVE UP THE GREAT STOPPING POWER OF DRUM BRAKES SO I CAME UP WITH JACKSHAFT IDEA ANY CRITICISM WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED STILL WORKING OUT BUGS IN JACKSAFT WITH CHAIN ALIGNMENT AND VIBRATION BUT TO ME THIS IS A SUCCESS CAUSE IT IS RIDEABLE ! LOOKING TO LOWER RPMS ON JACKSHAFT GEARING TO REDUCE VIBRATION ANY SUGGESTIONS??
GLENNBO dnut

Attachments

schin

May 14, 2011
usa
I like this, your jack-shaft set up looks very good and simplified. What size are your moped wheels and what model are they off of.dance1

glennbo

Aug 24, 2010
HAMMOND
Rear moped wheel is off amf roadmaster 16inch FRONT is 14 inch got it at a resale shop for $2 bucks dont know what it came off!

Glennbo

Last edited:

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Just wondering about the freewheel setup. With the engine/clutch engaged, can you stop pedaling or is the driven sprocket attached to the hub only?
Post some closeup pictures of the rear sprocket/hub, please.
Tom

glennbo

Aug 24, 2010
HAMMOND
the amf roadmaster came stock with a freewheel i removed it and slid the drive sprocket{motor) on then i screwed the freewheel back on i also reversed the dish on the drive sprocket for chain clearance . it rides like any other freewheel gas bike just no shift kit Ill take more pics tomorrow

glennbo

glennbo

Aug 24, 2010
HAMMOND
hope this pic helps i did bolt sprocket to the hub you can see two of the bolts i used. the stock holes were useless in this set up the freewheel also tightens against the drive sprocket and thightens it up all the more!!

glenn

Attachments

Last edited: