Apple juice tank

GoldenMotor.com

Rockenstein

Feb 8, 2009
Ontario, Canada
Thank you for the compliments :)

I am certainly humbled by the mention that the thread has grown into something useful and inspiring :oops:

What's coolest tho is how so many of you have taken a thought and with some imagination turned what would normally be considered junk into something you can put to good use...and each example is unique to it's creator.

Good job guys (^)

christopher fowler

Dec 17, 2009
p a washington
I made mine from 6" exhaust tubing 9" long. Should hold just over a gallon. The fill neck and cap are from speedway, a present from a hotrodder friend, not installed yet. The fitting for the shutoff valve is from a hydraulic shop threaded for 1/4" pipe. Gonna paint it. I like the ideas in this thread, really used your imagination.
Elmo
sic nice creative energy!

Rockenstein

Feb 8, 2009
Ontario, Canada
great thread. Thanks Rock and all! .flg.

In the mornings I work for local meals-on-wheels. I have access to hundreds 1 gal cans and can't wait to try this. Gonna go get this tomorow; BernzOmatic at Lowe's: Butane Small Micro Torch Kit

Right thing?

(Is there any thing more fun then buying new toys, to build new toys?)

That butane torch will be fine for soldering tin cans and many other things...although cheaper alternatives like this one will do the job just fine too. I have had my El'Cheapo pencil torch for at least a decade and use it lots for soft soldering jobs on my metal projects...most times I use BernzOmatic's silver bearing lead free solder.

Elmo

Sep 3, 2009
Mississippi
If you get one keep it in the case and keep it clean. I had one and tossed it in the tool box and it quit working. Never could get it back to work. They are fine for Small/thin stuff. Not enouhg heat for much beside cans and small wire. Very handy though. The elcheapo pencil torch works about the same. You can refill them from most butane refill cans for cigarette lighters.
Elmo

Pablo

Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor
Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com
I love the large HD round tanks. Sometimes I go through fuel way faster than anticipated (no where near 200 mpg .bf.) and now I am getting the creative juices going........I don't want to give up my rack or bag.....hmm.......

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Having $9 in the personal accounts and a $25 gift card from Lowes, I went ahead and got the BernzOmatic at Lowe's: Butane Small Micro Torch Kit (Medlee, you were right, but seems great so far. Will go high end next time. Can you suggest a better one?)

Love it so far, micro soldering. Did a water test on my test can. Not a drop leaked.

I should say I have been trying to teach my self to solder for months. Some one write a how 2? Can ya help a brother out? lol

Attachments

mdlee1958

Feb 22, 2009
Fort Collins, Colorado
I have had very good luck with the oxy/propane and oxy/map torches. Bernzomatic makes one that retails for around 39.95, I got mine used at a second hand store for 15. It even handles light brazing rod.

atombikes

Feb 14, 2010
Northern VA
Zombie-fying this thread.

Why not mount a juice can like this?

I checked knee clearance, and with the wide cranks required for 4 stroke engines, doesn't seem to be an issue?

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Zombie-fying this thread.

Why not mount a juice can like this?

I checked knee clearance, and with the wide cranks required for 4 stroke engines, doesn't seem to be an issue?
Atom,
Sure, why not...
One way to attach it would be to have a rod or something stiff running parallel to the tank and under the two cross members with two adjustable clamps going around the circumference of the tank and under the stiff rod or whatever. Should keep it secure. Who knows, this may be the new wave in gas tanks for cantilever frames. the price is right!
SB

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
Now i am thinking maybe some of the ovel shaped ham cans or something like it sholderd together might fit in there. Be kind of more true to forum,just a thought...........Curt

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Curt,
That's a good idea. I was thinking, too, that some place that sells fancy imported foods might be worth a look for an odd shaped can maybe triangular. Eat the caviar and then put gas in the tank it came in. Ha!
SB