HS 142F Low-End Bogging

GoldenMotor.com

JeremyD

Sep 1, 2012
Colorado
Im experiencing bogging off idle on my bike, so if i drill out the gold piece and adjust the screw it should fix the bog?? zpt
Yeah, just make sure you drill out the correct one, there's two brass circles right next to each other on the left side of the carb, and you want the one on the left. Take a good look at the pictures before you turn your engine into Swiss cheese. I took my screw out about 2.25 turns from factory preset.

socialdistortionkid

May 14, 2011
Orange County, CA
Yeah, just make sure you drill out the correct one, there's two brass circles right next to each other on the left side of the carb, and you want the one on the left. Take a good look at the pictures before you turn your engine into Swiss cheese. I took my screw out about 2.25 turns from factory preset.
yeah drilling a hole through the gold piece on the right would give the carburetor too much air.... Thanks for the tip! I appreciate it.

WightBoy

Aug 30, 2012
Michigan, USA
yeah drilling a hole through the gold piece on the right would give the carburetor too much air.... Thanks for the tip! I appreciate it.
If someone was to drill out this one and give it too much air, could they tap the hole and plug it with a set screw or bolt of the right length? Or would they be needing a new carb?

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
If someone was to drill out this one and give it too much air, could they tap the hole and plug it with a set screw or bolt of the right length? Or would they be needing a new carb?
Did you do it?
Or is this a theoretical question? :)

All you would have to do is to seal the hole and a flat round
piece of metal JB welded would plug the hole.
Even silicone type sealers would work.

The metal plug on the right is fairly thin metal so tapping
wouldn't work very well.

WightBoy

Aug 30, 2012
Michigan, USA
no, it did not. there were little pin holes internal in the carb so I did it to investigate. The kit is a qmatic from EZM. pics in a few

WightBoy

Aug 30, 2012
Michigan, USA
I am just concerned about these holes, any way to patch these? Overall I am very satisfied with how things have went putting this together, just wish China had better quality control.

Last edited:

JeremyD

Sep 1, 2012
Colorado
They are different websites for the same company.

gasbike.net
kingsmotorbikes.com
zone8cycling.com
rawmotors.com
are all the same company.

They may have other websites too.....
Well it doesn't matter who owns them smartass, because the website I ordered my kit from showed the tapered shaft with a clutch and that's what I got.

I am just concerned about these holes, any way to patch these? Overall I am very satisfied with how things have went putting this together, just wish China had better quality control.
I'm wondering if some high temperature epoxy would do the trick? Lowe's mayhaps? I'm assuming that your performance is suffering...

fatdaddy

May 4, 2011
San Jose, Ca.
I LOVE THIS FORUM. I've been screwing around with this stupid new style EPA Huasheng carb for a couple days. (No low idle.) Cleaned the plastic low speed jet till I turned blue, NOTHIN. THEN, I remembered something I read here a while back (8 months ago actually,) about a jet having a plug over it. YEP, SAME CARB. It's too darned hot out (90 degrees,) to go check it out now, But as soon as it cools off I'm drilling out a brass plug.
THANKS GUYS,
fatdaddy.

fatdaddy

May 4, 2011
San Jose, Ca.
Yep, Drilled it out, screwed out the jet some and got it running.
Thanks again for this forum and all the great people on it.
fatdaddy.