aftermarket parts and upgrades??

GoldenMotor.com

Cuereus

Oct 20, 2012
Darwin, Australia
so ive burnt though almost 12 lt of fuel i've been nice and only opened her up once... so im starting to think about upgrades and aftermarket part??
so here is my list of what i want to do

1. change the spark plug to and NGK either B5 or B6 (not sure with is better ive read it really depends on the weather?? where i am it doesnt get colder then 25C or hotter then 35C) and the and the led form the CDI

2. change the sprocket to a 36t not only am i light there is also barely any hills that would effect it

3. change the air filter. i was going to get a better carby but ive read that the CNS requires hour upon hour of fiddling around with.

4. changing the intake to a straight billet one and maybe a boost bottle to go with it

5. new exhaust. ive read a little on some of them but i seem to keep reading that they modify them. i dont have access to a welder so thats a no go for me is there any that worth buy as is??

i dont plan on doing much else unless there is something i should do??
all thoughts and ideas are much appreciated.... and yes ill do them one at a time

Nashville Kat

Apr 20, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
I've done both the sprocket and billet intake-

both are substantial gains well worth the investment-
too small for a 50, but haven't tried it there. My 66 with stock NT Speed carb rolls very smoothly with one on flat terrain.
I don't know your set-up otherwise-

If you have a cruiser and are still running a tensioner- the smaller sprock may make that easier for you to lose that- of course you'll have to cut the chain again, and if not a multi-speed you may have to match up chain lengths with a half link- easier done on pedal chain

heres a great sprocket at a nice price- I've got two of them- if you're light and not climbing very steep and very long hills it is great for getting decent speed without having to open the throttle all the way- so it's all quieter and less vibration-
http://www.ebay.com/itm/34-T-Sprocket-Bicycle-Engine-Kit-Motorized-Bike-/121059443572
the alloy is much lighter than a steel sprock too
It may be a little
Here I'd also suggest a 415 trike chain- same width as kit chain- but smaller plates vertically and really about only HALF the weight- but above that- it ROLLS so much easier- you can really feel it while peddaling

http://www.amazon.com/Worksman-Chain-16-109L-Each/dp/B00113FUMS/ref=cm_rdp_product

so between the alloy sprock-
losing the tensioner -meaning FEWER chain links too
and the much lighter 415 trike/ industrial chain

the weight savings really start adding up

there's then skinnier tires- for less weight and a better roll- unless perhaps you want to ride a lot on dirt or gravel- my own bikes are more like cheaper and much lighter mopeds I guess

I've also done the spark plugs- maybe some difference- but not as much as smaller sprockets or the billet intakes

Last edited:

Cuereus

Oct 20, 2012
Darwin, Australia
oh yea i have a Avanti blade which runs on 700c tires so i dont think i would find much thinner tires.
the engine is the R80 from DLL (aussie supplier on ebay) and that came with a nt speed carby.

the spark plugs is for quality purposes i dont want my bike breaking down and have to wait a week for parts (did that on my first build smashed the boot and had to wait a week for a new one i didnt know of the forum then)

as for the chain im pretty sure it came with a 415 chain, ill have to check

the sprocket look really good but 40 buck just to ship it here is not worth it in my eyes not when i can get get a 36t for under 25. thats the problem with living in Australia the motorised bike scene isnt big so most of the after market parts ill have to get shipped here which is quite a bit.

thanks for the input Kat

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
1. change the spark plug to and NGK either B5 or B6 (not sure with is better ive read it really depends on the weather?? where i am it doesnt get colder then 25C or hotter then 35C) and the and the led form the CDI

The plug heat range isn't for outside temp. changes, it's to get the right heat range in the combustion chamber, start with a 5.

2. change the sprocket to a 36t not only am i light there is also barely any hills that would effect it

Good deal.

3. change the air filter. i was going to get a better carby but ive read that the CNS requires hour upon hour of fiddling around with.

Good deal, although the stock filter is O.K. as long as you keep it clean.
4. changing the intake to a straight billet one and maybe a boost bottle to go with it

Forget the boost bottle, it's a waste of money.

5. new exhaust. ive read a little on some of them but i seem to keep reading that they modify them. i dont have access to a welder so thats a no go for me is there any that worth buy as is??

Get an expansion chamber for a decent power boost.

i dont plan on doing much else unless there is something i should do??
all thoughts and ideas are much appreciated.... and yes ill do them one at a time
Check the plug for proper burn after each mod.