question about Dax

GoldenMotor.com

nathano87

Jan 31, 2013
north carolina
First of all, I want to mention that I am new to motor bicycling, and new to this wonderful online community. I am thankful for having stumbled upon this site.

I'm starting a new project with the goals of SPEED, INEXPENSIVE, and LONGEVITY in mind. I have the intention of putting a 66cc motor (from boyGoFast) and a ThatsDax shifter kit on the walmart bike pictured below.

Speed Question
What are your recommended sprocket sizes?

Inexpensive Question
I've heard mixed opinions about BoyGoFast, and I've heard that the Dax shifter kit is somewhat obsolete. I'm not looking for style, though, just fuctionality. Any suggestions?

Longevity Question
Is the cheap walmart bike the way to go? I only plan on riding it on paved surfaces.

Wow! Sorry for the long question, and thank you for the answers.

if you can't see the "bike pictured below, here it is
http://www.walmart.com/ip/26-Roadmaster-Granite-Peak-Men-s-Mountain-Bike/21191072

Attachments

jji7skyline

Jan 15, 2013
Australia
I don't know about those stores because I don't live in the US, but no engine kit is going to fit well on that bike. The top bar should be horizontal, not slanting like that one is.

Try looking for used bikes, the older models tend to have more conventional designs :)

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
I had to leave the air cleaner off to get the kit installed.
I only did these bikes because I got three from Wal-mart for 40$each with cosmetic rust from sitting in the lawn&garden section.
Good bike aside from the low top bar. With a shorty manifold the chinese 66cc motor will fit, barely.
The suspended forks are cheap and wear out quickly.
Decent if dated hardware.
Shorty manifolds are fairly cheap, you can use this bike if you choose....
But the Genesis 29'ers are only a little bit more and make great motorbikes!

Last edited: