K2 bmx advice?

GoldenMotor.com

mtrbkr

Oct 23, 2008
Vermont
hi everyone. so... i am beginning a build using a k2 bmx bike and and 49cc HT. Since the top bar of the bmx is so close to the bottom bar. I am cutting off the top bar and putting a wooden replacement in at a higher point. I have done this on my other bike to hold the gas tank but haven't tried it as a reenforcement instead of the top bar. Does anyone know anything about bmx bikes? Do you think the bottom bar and the wooden bar will be enough to hold this bike together. or will it curl up into a ball from to much stress. this is a small pic of what i am thinking, thanks for any assistance.

Attachments

thatsdax

Feb 22, 2008
www.thatsdax.com
Your drawing shows the top bar welded to the goose. And then to the seat post? Yikes !!! My suggestion is to get an adult size bike and not use the Kiddie BMX bike. Get a full size adult bike. That is what is needed and no welding will be required. Thanks.. And.. Enjoy the ride...

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
i agree with dax here. i love bmx bicycles they are fun to try to do tricks and everything else with. you put a motor on them and they are to heavy and you will not be able to have the fun with it that they are meant for and that smaller tire you will not get the speed you would with a 26 inch tire:ride:

mtrbkr

Oct 23, 2008
Vermont
not welding...the wooden peice would only be used to hold the gas tank. only wondering if the bottom bars on these bikes would be capable of holding my weight + the engine weight, 180lbs overall.

Last edited:

Walter F.

Jun 4, 2008
Connecticut
not welding...the wooden peice would only be used to hold the gas tank. only wondering if the bottom bars on these bikes would be capable of holding my weight + the engine weight, 180lbs overall.
It will hold your weight + the engine weight as long as your not moving but sitting perfectly still. Happy Trails Walter F.

mtrbkr

Oct 23, 2008
Vermont
thanks, i think i've heard all that i need to. I suppose i will continue to make my current bike better. after all quality is better than quantity.

Andyinchville1

Manufacturer/Dealer
Dec 26, 2007
Scottsville, VA
Hmmmmm.....I wish I could find it BUT somebody did a build on a BMX bike....I can't remember if it was here or over on the other forum....Maybe somebody else remembers this?

Andrew