Can this type of frame be motorize

GoldenMotor.com

dracothered

Jul 25, 2012
Howell, MI.
You could put a rear rack mount 4-stroke on it but forget a regular 2-stroke kit.
Why couldn't you put a two stroke kit on it? Of course the fuel tank would have to be in a different place and different type of tank, but the rest I don't see a real issue. Though I will admit that I am still working on building my first motorized bike.

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
Why couldn't you put a two stroke kit on it?
I didn't say he couldn't, I said he shouldn't.
The only purpose to use a far less structurally sound girls bike frame opposed to a men's triangle frame bike is it is easy step though and putting a motor there would defeat the purpose.

Granted I'd bet I could mount an electric in it like my Electric Caddy but put the motor between the two bars and just mount the battery and controller on the back rack so you could still step through and mount it easy but put a $1200+ kit on a way old $50 bike?
Unless you have gobs of money and it has a sentential meaning I just don't see the point.

In short, if you just want to make a bike that will go for cheap and easy start with a mens bike frame, or if you really want that bike just put on a rack mount motor is all.

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2009
Texas
I've seen a picture of a HT on a ladies bike the only problem they had was mounting the fuel tank you could easily mount one on the rear rack.

Sep 4, 2009
Texas
Well the kit tank looks funny no matter where you put it on that bike but they make a long flat tanks for the rack mount. I forget who sells them I think they are like $25 or if you look at Biknut's Atomic build he has some sort of bottles look like fire extenguishers behind the seat.

Al.Fisherman

Sep 9, 2009
Calera, Alabama
I want to buy this bike, but only if I can motorize it. Thanks
You didn't say what kind of engine you would like, frame or rear/front rack mount. But any one can work, frame a little modification is needed. On a woman frame I'd go with a front mounted engine, as I don't like (engine hanging off to the side) a rear rack mounted one.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/motorized-b...592?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a1cad76b0

This is one reason why I don't deal with these people anymore.

Quote from their Ebay ad.
Returns:
14 days money back or item exchange, buyer pays return shipping, 20% restocking fee may apply |

motorized bicycle kit gas engine front friction 49cc FF49
no warranty , no exchange, no refund for this item

Last edited:

Hoze513

Nov 24, 2011
Joliet, illinois
I wanted to switch my PK80 on to it. And I want to keep the engine in the middle. The only reason I wanted to get because it will fit a hub adaptor and it looks cool. But don't think it is stable. Thanks