WOW ! I thought I was on my own...

GoldenMotor.com

dougy

Jan 17, 2011
Southport, England

Couldnt get my head around one aspect of the peddle back brake so decided to weld on a normal set of v brakes, this way I'll be able to fit a brake light switch..cs.

dougy

Jan 17, 2011
Southport, England

next up was a decent front brake, I had to get a new front hub laced onto the original rim for the disc mounting, I then made the caliper bracket and fixed the caliper, I know the welding is horrible but the welder was stored in a damp shed an wouldnt work properly, I got some new wire and it migged up lovely.I chucked the lever and master cylinder an used a mororbike one which had a brake light switch fitted..flg.

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Lucky boy! He will never forget this bike and your efforts even when he is an old man. The bike is really coming together and looks great. Like the headlight and that tail light is the cat's meow.
SB

dougy

Jan 17, 2011
Southport, England

Sorting out more legal stuff, Illuminated speedo and sender, also fitted the coil with cable ties which seems fine but I think I'll fix it a bit better with some CT1 which is a type of all weather flexible glue mastic..duh.

dougy

Jan 17, 2011
Southport, England

And this is where I'm upto as of last weekend, My freind Chris wired the whole thing up for me, I now have working a completley fused 12 volt system, indicators, lights on of switch high/low beam and side lights, horn with beeper, stop an tail lights, battery box ( basket ) front and rear brake light switch's, even have idiot lights.drn2

dougy

Jan 17, 2011
Southport, England
There 26 " there continental tyres and the model name is KKS 10.
I got them from a tyre shop in Warrington in the UK, I cant remember the shop name but if there the right size for you I have got the reciept in the loft, I'm not being lazy but its an hours work to get up there.
Hope thats a help, Dougy..we.

silverbear

Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Do I understand correctly that Archie is now 5 1/2 years old? Either he's quite big for his age or Dad will need to do the test piloting. I'm guessing Dad is already a motorhead with a full sized motorcycle of his own. Just a thought, but a kiddie trailer pulled behind Archie's bike would permit him to sort of go riding his bike right now. Or maybe a sidecar. What a thing to look forward to, having that bike for his own!
The moped tires are of great interest. I didn't know they came that big as the mopeds I'm familiar with have smaller rims. I have just learned something new, so thanks for that.
SB

dougy

Jan 17, 2011
Southport, England
Do I understand correctly that Archie is now 5 1/2 years old? Either he's quite big for his age or Dad will need to do the test piloting. I'm guessing Dad is already a motorhead with a full sized motorcycle of his own. Just a thought, but a kiddie trailer pulled behind Archie's bike would permit him to sort of go riding his bike right now. Or maybe a sidecar. What a thing to look forward to, having that bike for his own!
The moped tires are of great interest. I didn't know they came that big as the mopeds I'm familiar with have smaller rims. I have just learned something new, so thanks for that.
SB
Yeah mate he' 5 1/2 next month and it looks like I'll be the test pilot on this one (try and stop me, the build has been done in our living room but never had any fuel in it all the time we've had it as mum does'nt want fumes! health an safety gone mad lol) ,the trailors a great Idea in theory but we've got laws coming out of our backsides concerning ANYTHING with a petrol engine and one of them is no people in a trailer ! Actualy I'll have to look into that as you can tow kids in a bicycle mmmm,
but the sidecar might be a go'er in the future, Archie has a twin sister Freya and along with there mum have been using our family vehicle which is a double adult motorbike an sidecar and they've been traveling to nursery and school going the shops ect since they where six months old.
And the tyres where originally a surprise to me to (they took some googleing),
if it was'nt for them there would be no way you could even touch the road in the UK, looks like I may have opened the market to America ! I wonder if I'll get comission ?
.wee.

darkhawk22

Aug 17, 2010
Acworth, GA
I'm actually looking into the tires and trying to locate a dealer here in the US. The complete information is as follows:

Continental KKS 10 2-22 M/C 26B TT26 x 2,0

If anyone locates a dealer in the US please let us know.

silverbear

Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
These Continental tires are load and speed rated? What is the speed they are rated for? Is there a Continental moped tire in 26" a bit wider yet? I'm not so much asking for myself since I'm an old guy and not that interested in breaking the sound barrier on a bicycle, but others here want to push these bikes to the limit. You may have seen a thread regarding a group attempt at setting a world speed record for a 50cc bicycle at Bonneville. As I recall there was talk of the need for speed rated tires... hence my question. Maybe one of the vendors here will want to deal in Continental tires.
SB

darkhawk22

Aug 17, 2010
Acworth, GA
This is the answer I received from Continental North America Rep.

Regarding the 2-22 M/C 26B TT KKS10, due to low demand from our N. Amer. distributors we do not import the KKS10 model into the USA. The only suggestion I have is check with SIP (SIP Scootershop: performance & style für Motorroller, Maxiscooter, Scooter und klassische Vespas - Zubehör, Tuning und Ersatzteile) who is a German internet retailer who may carry them.

Not sure about the 26X2.0 size that you list, sounds like a bicycle tire? I manage only our motorcycle div. so if your looking for a bicycle tire let me kn ow and I'll forward you to our bicycle div.
Thanks & Best Regards,
Greg Reich
Continental Tire the Americas, LLC
Sales & Marketing Manager/Motorcycle Tires
7800 Liberty Church Rd.
Johnstown, Ohio 43031
Tel: 740-966-3106
Fax: 740-966-3107
E-Mail: [email protected]

silverbear

Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
I wonder if they would be interested to know that our forum has over 28,000 members, most of whom are in the United States and Canada and probably half of us have more than one bike. It seems to me they may be missing out on a potential market and if the speed record for a 50cc motored bicycle was set at Bonneville on a pair of Continental tires it certainly wouldn't hurt sales any.
SB

dougy

Jan 17, 2011
Southport, England
I wonder if they would be interested to know that our forum has over 28,000 members, most of whom are in the United States and Canada and probably half of us have more than one bike. It seems to me they may be missing out on a potential market and if the speed record for a 50cc motored bicycle was set at Bonneville on a pair of Continental tires it certainly wouldn't hurt sales any.
SB
Says it all really SB !
Am I right in thinking that in America you can fit an engine in a bike and off you go ?r.ly.