Hello from New York

GoldenMotor.com

CousinVinny

Jul 30, 2010
New York USA
My name is Vinny and happened upon his great site yesterday evening. My background is in auto repairs and parts and have owned motorcycles since I was 16 (45 now btw) I planned to put together a Harley 45WLA military replica but after seeing what other members here have made I'm leaning towards a
'Silent Grey Fellow' or Indian BTR replica.
I do have a question regarding a donor bike, theres an Elgin for sale nearby, looks pre-war with a springer and the second upper frame tube (would run under the tank). He's asking 200 for it, but its all there to work with. What do you think ? Thanks, -Vinny

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Welcome to the forum. I am not a vintage bike expert, but one or three may be along shortly to help you with that.

You can motorized anything....just about.

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Welcome to the forum. The Elgin frame needs to be in very good shape if you plan to motorize it. No need in cracking a vintage bike frame when there are plenty of modern beach cruisers available.

CousinVinny

Jul 30, 2010
New York USA
Thanks for the welcome Joe,
Bender, I see your point, theres plenty of inexpensive bikes around here. Some are even free during bulk trash week ! Free is always good I say -Vinny