SPOOKYTOOTH monarch fork question

GoldenMotor.com

Bryman31

May 6, 2010
Colorado
i want to get this fork BUT i have heard good and bad about it...........the bad i heard was something about it breaking? can you all help me out with this? i really dont want to loose my face due to crappy workmanship, BUT i really love this fork!!

.duh.

GoFastBicycles

Jul 29, 2008
West Point PA.
Im not happy with the one I purchased,my bad I was blind about the bad press that being said it can be welded up stronger. If you have read all the bad press on this fork it is all true. Buy at your own risk.

Adam

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
I just found that Spooky is now selling MY disc brake adapters & also has a pic of one of MY bikes as a display!!
I'm stuck between feeling flattered & mad!

Venice Motor Bikes

Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
Mad is right!

Adam
Yes, it does make me mad!!
I gave the fork maker permission to reproduce my disc adapters, but I didn't give him permission to stock my competition with my invention; & I definately don't like it when a big shop like Spooky Tooth steals my bike pics for their website & crops out my name!! :rolleyes:

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Norm,
I'm really sorry to hear of this for a couple of reasons. First, you are a friend whose work I greatly admire and what has happened is just plain wrong. Taking your work is awful and says something about business ethics which is not good. On top of that, to take pictures of your bikes without your permission and not give you credit, purposefully removing your company name is a low blow and the worst kind of plagiarism. This appears to be theft and misrepresentation.
The other great disappointment is with SpookyTooth who has a good reputation, is a sponsor of this forum as are you and who sponsors the death race every year. I don't get it. I have recommended Spooky Tooth to other forum members and now wonder if this situation is something very much out of the ordinary (I hope so) or if more of this same attitude of anything goes is part of their business plan. I hope Spooky Tooth is reading this thread and responds to it directly. I hope things are somehow made right. Once rung, the bell cannot be unrung, but at least on can stop ringing it. I'm sorry, Norm.
SB

GoFastBicycles

Jul 29, 2008
West Point PA.
Yes, it does make me mad!!
I gave the fork maker permission to reproduce my disc adapters, but I didn't give him permission to stock my competition with my invention; & I definately don't like it when a big shop like Spooky Tooth steals my bike pics for their website & crops out my name!! :rolleyes:
Permission to reproduce MISTAKE lesson learned.

Spooky selling clearly knowing it was your baby NO EXCUSE!

If they claim they had no clue, clearly they did or your bike wouldn't be the MODEL.

Shame Shame Shame!

Adam

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
Hey Norm,
I didnt know You were making a beefed up version, Has mine shipped out Yet ?? Id like to go for the beefy one, instead
Cheers
Chainmaker

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
Just got home from work...the box from LA answers my question. This blows...I got a set of forks that are probabally going to fail at some point. Well I got a brand new arc welder dont know how to weld yet. What do You think beginners project?
Cheers

Venice Motor Bikes

Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
Just got home from work...the box from LA answers my question. This blows...I got a set of forks that are probabally going to fail at some point. Well I got a brand new arc welder dont know how to weld yet. What do You think beginners project?
Cheers
Sportscarpat is doing the rewelding for me... PM him & he'll beef up your stock fork!! (^)

Also... Spooky returned my email & agreed to give me credit for the design & pic on their website. If they actually follow through, I'll give them big props! The rest of my issues are with the fork maker, not Spooky.

sportscarpat

Bonneville Bomber the Salt Flat record breaker
Jun 25, 2009
california
Chainmaker,
I wouldn't attempt any welding on your forks with an arc welder. This is a tig job for an experienced welder. Don't forget the machining step, either. I can make your forks safe and reliable. Give me a shout. Besides, Norm and I just started reworking these forks like two days ago. He didn't have them yet when your forks shipped.

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
PM Sent..Other than that they are going to look gooood. Got up @ 2:30 this AM so I could check them out, and strip the bike down before leaving for work.
Cheers
Chainmaker

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Sportscarpat is doing the rewelding for me... PM him & he'll beef up your stock fork!! (^)

Also... Spooky returned my email & agreed to give me credit for the design & pic on their website. If they actually follow through, I'll give them big props! The rest of my issues are with the fork maker, not Spooky.
Norm,
That's good to hear! Good for you, good for Spookytooth, good for our sponsor and good for the forum. Yes! But a big no to the fork guy unless he also does right by you. Restores my confidence in Spookytooth. If you guys read this... thumbs up!
SB

GoFastBicycles

Jul 29, 2008
West Point PA.

Not to stir the pot but no props. to Venice Motor Bikes yet.

Adam

Last edited:

Skrufrider

May 18, 2010
Seattle, WA
I havnt had a real good experience with spooky tooth. I use to live in Tucson and would go to visit there store on St. Marys to get parts and they wernt very nice. They wouldnt let me in on there rides or rally's I guess becuse I built my own bike or who knows why. Anyways I live in wasington now. When I ordered parts from them They charged me X$ for 2day fed-x shiping, but sent regular usps ground they took the left over X$ they charged me and put it in there pocket. Just dosent seem right to do that. when I was waiting for a week mind you it was supposed to be 2 day I called for a tracking number then thats when they told me it was shipd ground.