Noisy Engine

GoldenMotor.com

CaptJ

Nov 6, 2009
Mountain View, CA
I'm new here and finished my Point Beach, the motor started fine but it sounds noisy to me mayby thats how its is? I greased the clutch push rod and ajusted the clutch. To tight the clutch slips to loose the clutch grabs but makes noisy. I guess thats must normal. On the other forum (I hope I can say that?) they put cardboard and other materials around the clutch and cover plate.
Thank You All for posting back!

Also: Every time I log on I get this on the top of the screen under the Search Tab!

Hello CaptJ it appears that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks, why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums?

"THIS BUGS ME"

Answer: I'm Busy! dance1

CaptJ

Nov 6, 2009
Mountain View, CA
Yeah, I've heard a lot of people complaining of noise from the clutch cover, and resolving it with thin cork or rubber inside the clutch cover. I haven't gotten to mine yet; it's been too cold, and it's not noisy enough to really bother me.

Another place I've seen people talk about noise is from the fins on the cylinder. I've seen mention of folding up small, sturdy pieces of rubber and putting those in between the fins. Not enough to prevent airflow, of course, just to keep the fins from ringing from vibration.
I'll be working on the same thing your takling about.

Also I have a speedometer Bell F20 that does not work when the motor is running.
Others say sometimes they do that, just return it and try another one.

Nashville Kat

Apr 20, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
This pipe reduced noise levels more than I expected- but it needed some mods. Didn't seem to be any change in performance.

My loud 66 now sounds about like a moped. It so much more a pleasure, but I too may also try the clutch cover- not that i need it much now.

Attachments

bluenosegoat

Dec 29, 2009
arizona
I havent tried the cork or cardboard in the clutch cover yet but I can say that the rubber between the engines fins helped a bit, really only at idle that is noticeable but it really did make a difference and i only put pieces at the rear of the engine on each side. I used some fairly heavy automotive fuel line cut into 1/4 in pieces and pushed them in between the fins. Got her plenty hot today and didnt melt any or loose any. Kinda looks neat to.

The jetsons noise I'm not sure of but i enjoyed the link!!!!

Last edited: