Daemon 4 stroke

GoldenMotor.com

SEAKbiking

Feb 18, 2011
Alaska
So I am thinking about getting a Daemon 49cc 4 stroke for my bike but I want to also put a SBP shift kit on there. Will it work for this kind of engine?

Last edited:

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Welcome to the forum!

That depends on Daemon 4-stroke engine config, the tranny you're using and the frame you're putting it in....it could work but there are some variables there that need too be known. A pic of the Daemon, a description and pic of the bike and the tranny you plan on using would help in answering your question.

Cheers,
scotto-

Last edited:

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Well here is the engine kit 4 Stroke 49CC Bike Engine Kit
Below is a picture of my bike, don't have a tape measure for specifics right now but I can get one tomorrow.
I didn't really think about a tranny. This is my first build and I'm just kinda winging it.
That frame looks too small and the seat post looks too close to the back tire
for a 4 stroke shift kit

Gator Wrestler

Jan 22, 2009
Springfield LA
I don't think your frame will work with that engine. From the Daemon web site:
Dimensions:

This 49cc 4 Stroke Daemon Engine Bike Motor Kit is about 9.5" height 9" length 9" width and fits on most standard 24" – 26" or 25mm 29mm frame bicycle frame tubes..

You can make a cardboard cutout of the length 9" and heigth 9.5" and see if it will fit but the top bar that runs straight back and level (horizontal) works best with this kit.

Also be advised that the Hoot gear box this kit uses has a bad reputation. Look for lots of posts that detail the issues that users have experienced with the infamous Hoot. The price of this kit reflects the lack of demand for the Hoot. IMO the rest of the kit is usable but be prepared to replace, repair, or modify the gear box.

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Yeah by the looks of it, your bikes frame looks way to small to fit that engine without a shift kit even. It was a tight fit on my most recent build with the engine mounting plate dropped as low as possible and I still had to chop down the choke lever as well as modify the air filter for it to fit without a shift kit.

Good luck SEAKbiking, keep us posted on what you come up with.

The_Aleman

Jul 31, 2008
el People's Republik de Kalifornistan
Another thread about the Hard Rock? Like I said in the other thread, that frame looks too small. The intake & carb prolly won't clear that top tube.

As for the shift kit question, a SBP mount will make that even worse, because SBP mount reduces seat tube clearance and sits higher than stock mount. IMHO, you're SOL on a 4-stroke in that frame. You really want a 4-stroke, it's rackmount time.

SEAKbiking

Feb 18, 2011
Alaska
After everything I've read I've succumb to putting a 2 stroke on it. I'm still trying to figure everything out before I start building. Sorry if I'm getting on anybodies nerves, I'm just trying to be sure of what I'm doing before I jump into it blindly.