Donut Derelicts Invasion

GoldenMotor.com

msrfan

Sep 17, 2010
Southern California
It was a good day at Adams Avenue Donuts this morning. I road my '54 Schwinn motorbike, Bill and Dan had their Whizzers. Then my friend Max and four buddies showed up on their chinese bikes. I've known Max for a couple of months now and he's quite a gearhead. He's 13 and makes sure all the bikes are assembled correctly and running good. The oldest rider is 15 and they sure enjoy their motorbikes. I expect to see a lot more from these boys in the coming months because they have some great ideas for future builds.

A guy brought his real nice Simplex to show off.

msrfan

Sep 17, 2010
Southern California
Hi Norm. It's hit or miss. I never know when the crowd will be there. One week none of the bikes run and the next week they all do. I'll try to nail him down for next time and give notice.

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
I almost rode my moto beta down, but worked at the bar friday night. Woke up too late.

Norm, if you want to get a group together and come down, just pick a saturday and let us know.

It's every saturday morning, from dawn til about 9ish.

msrfan

Sep 17, 2010
Southern California
A couple of new builds at the donut shop Saturday. Spike on a nicely done Cranbrook, and Daniel on a mountain bike. I encouraged Spike to check out the forum for upgrades, and told him about the weak fender braces and idler problems as well as lack of bearing grease in Wallmart bikes.

msrfan

Sep 17, 2010
Southern California
Max blew the crank and rod on the way home from Donut Derelicts. He got together with Daniel and Max found a parts motor for $15 and had it repaired in no time. Some of his friends sold their bikes and are going with 4 strokes. I'll post photos when they're together and running.

msrfan

Sep 17, 2010
Southern California
I had to share my friend Daniel's bike. He had a round Briggs tank on his top bar that broke when the bike fell over. Very next Saturday he shows up with a SBC rocker cover for a fuel tank. Very creative and he comes all the way from Long Beach. The other kids thought it was clunky, but it was a hit with the hot rodders. Wouldn't want to slip forward off the seat though.

msrfan

Sep 17, 2010
Southern California
Cool bikes! You guys should go to the race at Grange Oct 21-22!!
Yeah. I'm trying to get the kids to go, but their all between 13 and 17, so I'm working on their dads to take them. I can haul them but I can't sign the waivers. They all want to go and try their bikes out on the track. It's just what we need to spark some more interest with the younger crowd, and I know the dads will totally get into it.

We should have a good showing of motorbikes at Donut Derelicts this Saturday. Come and enjoy the car show and let people check out your bikes. You will probably see some familiar faces. It starts at just before dawn and goes until 8:30 or so when the other businesses it the center start to open. If you've had your bike at a car show before, you know what kind of attention to expect.

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Yeah. I'm trying to get the kids to go, but their all between 13 and 17, so I'm working on their dads to take them. I can haul them but I can't sign the waivers. They all want to go and try their bikes out on the track. It's just what we need to spark some more interest with the younger crowd, and I know the dads will totally get into it.
Hi Dale, please text me your address so I can get some waivers
mailed to you for the kids.
Have their parents sign the waivers and bring them with you to the
race at Grange Motor Circuit on the 22nd Oct.

Would be great to get their dads there too but I don't want to let that
stop new racers from getting into the sport.

msrfan

Sep 17, 2010
Southern California
Had a good turnout today with about a dozen motorbikes including one I haven't seen before.

Oh, and Jeff was also there to steal the show and make some noise. It was a good morning.

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
Wow. There've been a lot of times I wished I lived in SoCal. Not just to escape the wretched and unpredictable Midwest weather either. Mostly because that seems to be where the most beautiful rides are. Nice bikes there, guys.