China Girls....Happy Times

GoldenMotor.com

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
The clutch. That's why its mostly China girls. Its got a real clutch, not the centrifugal bs.
I will skip over the agricultural/generator motors and go straight to a lifan Honda clone, because it can be had with a real clutch.
I consider the china girl clutch a "make shift" clutch more so than a "real" clutch......the Lifan has a more proper type clutch as far as manual clutches are concerned.

I have no problem with the bs centrifugal that now hides behind the bs homemade protective clutch cover on my agricultural/generator motor powered race bike I built :D

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri
My point was that your original comment seems to me to imply that unless performance parts we're readily available and specifically made for the bike/engine being built, then you didn't like the fact that people had to make their own performance parts and don't like those type of builds in general. Just saying that's what it seemed to me that's what you we're saying.
Not really. What I was saying was my problem with DIY builds is that there aren't many improvements that could be made which is why I only have 2 smokers.

apex

Aug 27, 2013
indy
Scotto, your bike is beautiful, and far more capable and advanced than my simple, by the numbers no mod kit builds.

But coming from decades of motorcycles, I require a clutch lever.
Same thing in my cars, gotta have a clutch. But thats me, not everybody.

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri
The DIY builds also usually don't need as many improvements as the 2 smokers lmfbo, because the engines we use for the DIY builds almost always make more power than a China girl right out of the box. You've done how many mods to your engine, and you're up to 4.5hp, meanwhile I disconnected my governor externally, got a high flow exhaust and a bigger Carb and I'm already up to probably 4hp. So you like your engine better because it needs all those parts and mods done to it?
Why are you always trying to pick fights? What I am trying to say is that I like to mod my engines. Is there a problem with that? My car makes 255 hp at the crank from the factory which is more than plenty for a full size sedan, but I still have mods done to it because that's my hobby to get more out of it. 4.5hp is basically an estimate I don't wanna go flaunting around numbers like they are a big deal. Ask those who have seen the bike in real life it goes pretty dang well for what it is and it's still on the stock carb. Other than that realistically it has a fred head and an expansion chamber. Other stuff was done for basically free. Money invested in the engine is around a hundred bucks for an engine that'll spin just below 10k rpm? I say that is good.

That's all besides the point I was expressing my opinion on DIY builds as in like I said previously "if it isn't already on a go kart it doesn't have much go fast bits" which predator engines definitely have quite a bit of an aftermarket because they are used on everything. Same with the honda equivalents. There is a difference between a predator and an off brand weed eater engine.

Now that I am on topic of picking fights it seems that not many people can get along with you as I have already seen you arguing with other people in the chat three different occasions. You might need to look at yourself if this is a re-occuring case. Thanks for your time.

dtv5403

May 4, 2015
USA
Chinese food is very delicious. Egg roll smelling exhaust reminds me of it haha.

Last edited:

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Agree to disagree. Plenty of room here in the sandbox.

I started out some years ago with a few bikebugs (grossly underpowered friction drive) and had enough fun to keep going... next were China girl engines and I enjoyed having more power, but poorly made parts and the crapshoot on whether the engine was decent or not, along with way too much vibration for an old guy with tired hands led me away from them and into the smoother realm of four strokes. Not that I don't have 2 strokes... just no more China girls.

As for centrifugal clutches, they have their place and I have a couple of bikes using them, also one with CVT another in progress which will be lever operated manual, another with a wet clutch on a 1934 Sachs 2 stroke and a dog clutch on a trike I'm slowly building. One kind of build is happy with one kind of clutch and another wants something different.

Things purchased ready to assemble out of a box are nice when you're starting out in this madness (hobby, I mean), but once you start fabricating and inventing then things from kits pretty well lose interest. Being somewhat difficult is what makes DIY builds fun and interesting. One of my favorite builders here is cannonball2 as every build is different and inventive. Clever, fun stuff. One thing I try to avoid is getting too serious about what should be fun. Diversity is something to celebrate. Beautiful if great, but so is weird. I'm now finishing up a strange alien creature from a MTB with a rack mount 79CC Predator, jackshaft and final drive being a salvaged 3 speed Sturmey Archer hub used as a friction drive. It has been lots of fun and interesting and is also the weirdest and ugliest bike I've ever made. I love it. Ha!
http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?p=613927#post613927
SB

Last edited:

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
all this just points out the diff between folks that build for fun and those that build because they are unable to afford a monthly bus pass (which, here, costs about same as an HT kit)

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Scotto, your bike is beautiful, and far more capable and advanced than my simple, by the numbers no mod kit builds.

But coming from decades of motorcycles, I require a clutch lever.
Same thing in my cars, gotta have a clutch. But thats me, not everybody.
Thanks apex, I also come from decades of motorcycles and do like a manual clutch lever myself on bikes and in cars except when stuck in stop and go traffic :D

dtv5403

May 4, 2015
USA
Posts have been edited and I will be more careful about what posts I respond to and how, and also avoid contact with certain people when necessary.

Rudz

Jun 24, 2014
Tyler TX
If I had more money, I'd build a 212cc bike, but I'm not as wealthy as I used to be. I spent all my money playing competitive paintball for ten years lol