What got you into all this trouble?

GoldenMotor.com

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
Now with the new business in it's infancy it's hard for me to find time to ride or to even mess with the bike but I do plan on taking the bike to the shop so I can work on it and use it to get lunch etc, or the quick run to the store, plus I also have a lot of room to ride it at the shop since it's on a few acres with lots of room in the back. I'm hoping to be able to build a few more to see how they sell, but these I'll keep close to stock so they'll be nice and reliable for the new owners.
Sounds like a good plan.

But please... do everyone a favor and throw some line break space between your sentences so it's easier to read as that was a nightmare paragraph.

Thanks ;-}

Personally, I've very little patience for those that forget a paragraph's content is far more important then it's composition. Yet, the example above truly isn't objectionable in either way. Do please consider if it's "doing everyone a favor" to protest a normal writing technique, to derail a thread by suggesting they conform to your preferred writing style.

This isn't facebook, SMS texting or a lolpic blog, this is motorbicycling.com, a forum where all are welcome to share however they may provided only they can do so in a mature, respectful manner.

5. most important is to have fun and share with others

...if you wish to discuss this further, do feel free to PM myself or any other staff anytime.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
I never have a hard time reading what you post here Dave, you do a fine job.

Even when I read the long post on here which happen to be my own many times LOL, it doesnt bother me when I see misspelled words or if it all kinda runs together, if I have to back up and reread a line or two inorder to get the point thats OK, most of the time we can understand what has been said and thats all that matters, I hated English Grammer in school and I sure ain't gonna start getting picky about all that stuff now, I know we all have our different pet peeves, but dang this life would sure get boring if we had everything just the way we liked it all the time or if everyone thought just like us.

The old saying about "Making Mountains out of Mole Hills" comes to mind for some odd reason...

But Hey, it's all good and we just mozy on down the road and dont worry about the little things right?

My Dad always told me growing up we need to "be very careful when we start poi ting a finger at others and realize when we do, we have three more pointing right back at ourselves, they never was but one man that walked this earth and was perfect, and we ain't him"

Peace, Map

Last edited:

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
Wow I wasn't expecting that.

I just find it polite to break up the text a bit so the reader doesn't loose his place while reading as I usually do when it's 20 or more run on sentence lines.

I suppose I should probably break down and get a couple new LCD displays as the CRT monitors I have now are a good 15 years old if not 20 and my eyes (and attention span) aren't what they used to be ;-}

Citi-sporter

Jun 16, 2014
North Bend, Or,
Well other than being a bicycle mechanic and small engine tech for the past off and on 20 years or so..?

I wanted to make a engine assisted bike back in '81 when I was on a MTB D.I.Y. stage of my life. I've had a few small motos throughout this time but the lightness of a bike with a small weedy engine powering is what really appealed to me.

Last March I dragged out of the dark recesses of my garage, an old single speed that I made a few years back, and gave up on and then started eyeing a couple old straight shaft weedeaters collecting dust.

Later, while doing a Dirk Gently style Google search on motorized bikes, I happened upon Augie's ( from the other forum..) story of his trip to Alaska on Sabrina II and that he was now a local Koosbaynian, so I joined all the MaB forums I could find and hooked up with him to discuss what is what in the powered bicycle realm, and here I am..

And if it wasn't for Gates having a wait period on their specialty V-belts I'd be riding this thing last month... .spr.

joey1320

Jul 15, 2014
Cleveland
I have been into bicycles my whole life and mopeds in the past 5-6 years. I sold a really cool Tomos I built last year, that was the last moped I owned, and when the summer came around I was ready for another project.

Unfortunately moped prices are getting higher and higher, and they are no longer found for anything under $400 locally. So I started googling and found some really cool cafe/rat motorbikes and having a few old cruisers, I knew I could make one look cool and ride good.

Now I'm about $200 into my bike project and will probably end up spending $600 or so after all is said and done.

It's a neverending project...

sboricic123

Apr 15, 2013
Bailieboro, Ontario
A guy I work with had bought a bike with the kit already installed. I was thinking, that would be great for doing small shopping trips and riding around picking up beer bottles and cans. Just over a year ago, my son and I went for a bicycle ride. I couldn't peddle up the hills. So...I went and bought the kit. Last year I picked up at least $300 worth in beer and Lcbo containers. This year, I'm almost up to $400. There's still lots of time though before I have to park it for the season.

flaughert

May 20, 2014
Milford, OH
I got my first look at a motorized bike about 2 years ago, a local guy had a 2 stroke kit on his bike, he told me it was great. This year i finally got the itch to do it so i can actually go more places, since i live in a valley and everything i want is at the top of a giant hill and i'm getting to old to pedal that far. I love the attention i get from it too.

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
Wow I wasn't expecting that.

I just find it polite to break up the text a bit so the reader doesn't loose his place while reading as I usually do when it's 20 or more run on sentence lines.

I suppose I should probably break down and get a couple new LCD displays as the CRT monitors I have now are a good 15 years old if not 20 and my eyes (and attention span) aren't what they used to be ;-}
No harm no foul...
I know some of my posts can get rather lengthy but that's my way of making sure everyone understands what I'm getting at, especially if someone asks me a technical question, be ready to get a few paragraphs worth of the how and why things work a certain way etc...
Sometimes when I get on after woring all day my attention span is way short but I'll usually just go back and read it all the next day or when I have more time for reading etc...