GoldenMotor.com

Nashville Kat

Apr 20, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
I'm as fast or a bit faster than a stock moped
generally much cheaper
the motorized bicycle is waaay lighter, rolls better,
pedals waaay better, and there's no registration

I like to say that with a light bike and light wheels- the bike caught up to the 50cc motor
It's a "bike with afterburners"- it coasts almost as good as a fine roadbike,
but it's still a "chinese junk" with baskets for hauling stuff.

"Normal" people who hold it in contempt really don't know what they're missing

Fugi93

Dec 30, 2011
illinois
Somebody's a little overly sensitive....lol.
So go race your spandex-Er's and have fun doing it. :)
I should elaborate a little. The spandex jerks in my area try to keep me off my trail that I do volunteer work on (Illinois Michigan Canal). They reguarly report me to the Consersvation Police. They are evil people and have the most nasty of looks and mouth. They do nothing of any value. It seems in this age, anything good is bad. And all I am doing is trying to make the area a better place at my expense. Fortunately, the Illinois Department of Natural Resources agrees with me.

Yeah, I am sensitive.

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
I don't care how fast you want to go. Go as fast as you want.

I like to go slow. I don't mind being passed by spandexers.

I also like to keep a low profile. Under the radar.

I'm invisable - :)

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
I always ride slow....
Until somebody tries to pass...
Then all bets are off...
I may get older, but I refuse to grow up.

Fugi93

Dec 30, 2011
illinois
I don't care how fast you want to go. Go as fast as you want.

I like to go slow. I don't mind being passed by spandexers.

I also like to keep a low profile. Under the radar.

I'm invisable - :)[/QUOTE

No you are not invisible. It is just a matter of how much you are willing to shrink. I intend no harm, but do you feel what I say?

16v4nrbrgr

Mar 17, 2012
North Bay
I don't think there's any harm in going fast if you know how to do it safely, that definition is an individual one.

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
Feel what you say?

I have no idea what you mean.

I ride for fun. Doing one of my favs, the neighborhood ride, I actually like a bike that will go slow better. I'm talking walk speed. Why? So's I can look around at people, houses, kids playing, dogs enjoying a walk with their people, etc, w/o having to constantly pay attention to the road.

As for the street, the roads here have plenty of nice wide bike lanes. Don't need to keep up with traffic.

Spandexers? I keep away from them. If I was riding a pedal bike I would sure hate to have to endure the stink and noise of a gas bike near me. It would piss me off. Another reason I switched to electric.

Feb 6, 2013
Mesa, Arizona
I hate spandaxers. This one time at an intersection i cut one off because i knew he was gonna be too slow and wont let me pass him on the bike lane either and he rang his bell like crazy and pedaled real hard for 10 secs on car lane just to pass me and block me. Then i passed him on a wider bike lane l. After a while i stopped at the stop sign and he rode straight through the stop sign when there was traffic to his right on tye intersection and then flicked me off just so he can prove that he can pedal fast

Feb 6, 2013
Mesa, Arizona
I'm as fast or a bit faster than a stock moped
generally much cheaper
the motorized bicycle is waaay lighter, rolls better,
pedals waaay better, and there's no registration

I like to say that with a light bike and light wheels- the bike caught up to the 50cc motor
It's a "bike with afterburners"- it coasts almost as good as a fine roadbike,
but it's still a "chinese junk" with baskets for hauling stuff.

"Normal" people who hold it in contempt really don't know what they're missing
As i mentioned on my post i did get my bike up to 40mph + with all the performance upgrades available for chinese motors. It wasnt even worth it. Maybe if i spent about 600 dollars on a durable bike and another 500 on a low maintenance and high performing ktm clone engine, i might have liked high speed motorized bicycle. But on a chinese motor kit mounted on a walmart bike to save money because i am saving up money for a car or a motorcycle? No thank you. Constant maintenance because the bike is falling apart because its cheap and cant handle the vibrations isnt worth it

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
That's why I stay away from them.

You cut him off eh? And made him brake hard?

He doesn't have a motor to get him down the road. I'd be pissed as **** if a motorbike cut me off and made me lose hard earned momentum.

Whass uuppp?

Feb 6, 2013
Mesa, Arizona
That's why I stay away from them.

You cut him off eh? And made him brake hard?

He doesn't have a motor to get him down the road. I'd be pissed as **** if a motorbike cut me off and made me lose hard earned momentum.

Whass uuppp?
He didnt even break hard. He just rung his bell like crazy went around me to the car lanes and passed me just so he can prove that he can and then got caught up within seconds and i was probably going only about 20mph. Wouldnt let me pass him again either

Nashville Kat

Apr 20, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
As i mentioned on my post i did get my bike up to 40mph + with all the performance upgrades available for chinese motors. It wasnt even worth it. Maybe if i spent about 600 dollars on a durable bike and another 500 on a low maintenance and high performing ktm clone engine, i might have liked high speed motorized bicycle. But on a chinese motor kit mounted on a walmart bike to save money because i am saving up money for a car or a motorcycle? No thank you. Constant maintenance because the bike is falling apart because its cheap and cant handle the vibrations isnt worth it
Yes- I've come to believe ther is kind of a "wall" out there at about 40mph. My 66 will go up to at least 35 with no headwind against me- and a little more I don't care to push it to.

It's pretty stock 66 wih NT Speed carb and the concessions I guess are a $30 34 alloy sprocket , and a $15 short billet intake- the 27" alloy wheels are an add on technically, but fundamental for a good roll AND pedal as far as I'm concerned. I think the only way I could hope to gain a few more mph would be a shift kit, to get into a bigger gear on the top end, and maybe an expansion pipe instead of the long poo poo that keeps it fairly quiet.
I guess a really good performance carb would help, but the NT is reliable and cheap.

A lot of money and fiddling with some things that can fail more easily- for maybe another 5 and just slightly over 40, but then pushing the motor into RPMs that will wear it out or make it fail more quickly. Plus, I just don't want to be working on it constantly- it's about practical transportation here.

I ride between 25 and 30 with ease, and get to my local destinations as quickly as I could ask- and the bike parks generally quicker and closer to my destination than the car when i get there.

Got a 50 scooter I NEVER ride and probably sell soon. It's quieter, but not as practical or inexpensive as the old China Girls.

Where's that "smiles" rider flying the CHINESE flag?- it's THEIR motor most of us are using!
scratg.bld.pec.brflg

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
I guess he didn't want to breath your exhaust fumes.

I wouldn't want to either.

That's why I just stay away from those guys.

carcrafter22

Nov 16, 2012
Burleson
You should have went for a 99cc predator, mine accelerates just good and tops out at 45mph on my felt bike. I rarely go over about 35mp but it will do more if I want it to.

happycheapskate

Nov 26, 2009
Rockwall TX
Yeah, a one (engine) gear/speed motorized bicycle is just fine, but that sounds like a crazy town. As much as I like Arizona, I'm sad that the state gov is so anti-motorized bicycle. Otherwise they wouldn't do goofy stuff like make/let people ride motorized bicycles on sidewalks, especially salmoning. That sounds like it's just designed to get you injured or discouraged so you will quit trying to ride MABs. PS I've heard they will go SWAT mode on someone for doing 30mph on an e-bike.