Planning 1st build

GoldenMotor.com

Capt Dave

Feb 27, 2013
Spencer MA
Hello all, I'm planning my first build. I have a 1980 Jamis Boss Cruiser that's been hanging around my basement for years. Just put new tires, tubes and brakes on her. Dropped her off at local bike shop for wheel truing and tune up.
Been reading a lot of forums on what type of motor 2 or 4 stroke.
Looks like I'm leaning towards the 4 stroke. I live in the area near Pirate Cycles. I been calling them. but no one ever answers. Would like to know what is the best option at this point in time ... What is the best now? I have a budget of $400 to $600 EZ silent drive? Grubee T belt?
I wanted to start riding for exercise. Have many hill around here, basically would like to assist on those hills. I'm not a lightweight... 250ibs
Any ideas
Thank you for reading

Look forward to your thoughts

Capt Dave

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa
welcome Dave....you'll be able to get plenty of answers here.....which 4 stroke engine are you considering?

Capt Dave

Feb 27, 2013
Spencer MA
Well
Pirate Cycles advertise EZM silent drive for $600.00
Also the Grubee 4G T belt complete kit for $380.00
I assume they both come with the Husheng engine.
I just want to know what's is available now. A lot of the post are old when asking about which to consider. Original I was leaning towards cost being a 2 stroke but since reading up. I believe 4 stroke is the way to go.
Again. What is new now ?
Thank you

Capt Dave

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa
600 is alot for any clutch drive, and yould still need an engine and the rest....i think the hf 79 and a centrifical clutch with jackshaft may be easiest for most people ...grubees I dont know about but i think they all do a bearing upgrade on them of some sort