I have compression, small spark on plug, but it wont start!!

GoldenMotor.com

sergman89

Jul 7, 2012
SC
First let me say thank you for considering this.

I let it sit for about a month and half now, then I tried to start it and the sound I get is as if its on even when I give it throttle it even sounds like its turning a little but NOT AT ALL.

Bare with me, I figured out my old cdi was bad, then I had sitting around and it gave me a spark. The magneto was a few (like 13-17 ohms) ohms lower then bikeberry says it should be. The spark is weak in my opinion but its big enough to cause an exsplosion. Spark plug and plug wire are aftermarket and only 2 months old.

The muffler is the basic muffler and it doesnt have the cap on it, and all of the nuts and screws are tight, I wish that was the reason for it, but its not.

I just bought a new cdi only just in case, should I get a magneto too?

wan37

May 29, 2011
Illinois
I don't think it's any thing a wrong if you got spark.I would change gas if it sat for a couple months.So if you got spark I'd look some where else.Well if you feel like you need a cdi and a magneto replace them.

sergman89

Jul 7, 2012
SC
After working on the bike I have now done a few things to update it and hopefully work. But it didnt...

I replaced the fuel line... Because it seemed to be overflowing through the tubes. Could that be a carb problem?

I also got new fresh gas... Thats all the updating lol

I got a OEM level of 310-312 from the cdi measuring by putting the positive (red cord) on the blue cord of my bike, and then putting the black one on the ground wire from the engine (the white cord) and that's how I got my measurements.

It still sounds like it has no gas or spark :-||. It putters like its on but its not. I also have the wires wired correctly, and the white grounded to the bike.

PLEEAASSSEEE HELP!!!!!! I bought a new cdi and uploaded a video to youtube as well so take a look if you want to see what I just said stuttered and awkward and the measurements real time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUqnojlOLZg&feature=plcp

sergman89

Jul 7, 2012
SC
I will try that, now this is just shooting in the dark but could it be because I tried using the sprocket in the engines nut to get the chain through it.

I feel like I may of over tightened it, and is that possible that it is keeping it from getting into gear?

Is that a good reading for the CDI??

wan37

May 29, 2011
Illinois
Yes agree unhook the white wire and hope you have not messed up the magneto or cdi.Hook the blue to blue and the black to black and wait on kill switch until you get it running then you can hook the kill switch up.Pop the clutch real quick after you get it started to kill it.Don't use white wire cap it off.

Last edited:

sergman89

Jul 7, 2012
SC
I LOVE YOU GUYS!! It works, the white wire just had to be capped off!!!!!!!

brnot

HAHAHAHAHA Now I have an extra cdi in the mail lol, I am very thankful for you guys!

Last edited: