Tips for riding to school?

GoldenMotor.com

Mr. Minecraft

Visionary
Jan 13, 2012
San Diego
I am going to start riding my MB to my high school every late start Friday. I have a decent lock, and and going to be putting my bike right in the view of the administrators that stand around the front gate all day. Should I do anything else to the bike other that taking off the lights, computer, etc?

Rocky_Motor

Nov 14, 2011
Fort Collins & Boulder
I doubt anyone would try and steal it in high school. Even if they did, high school's have camera's for every angle of the building. So, unless you're leaving it there overnight, all you need is any lock that you can't smash open with a shoe. I guess don't leave accessories on it. I suppose this all depends on the area your high school is in

Mr. Minecraft

Visionary
Jan 13, 2012
San Diego
My high school is in an upper middle class neighborhood and it's in the best school district in California. But at every school you have the people who are no good. How can I make sure they don't put **** in my tank or flatten my tires?

Rocky_Motor

Nov 14, 2011
Fort Collins & Boulder
Leather jacket, handfull of mousse, and a pack of reds.
PLEASE DO THIS. Aint no one gonna mess with your bike then :p

I can see people putting stuff in the tank, the locking cap may be a good idea for that. But otherwise I can only imagine everyone will think the bike is super cool. Other than some of those who's parents buy them brand new cars. At 16-18? Baad juju

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
My high school is in an upper middle class neighborhood and it's in the best school district in California. But at every school you have the people who are no good. How can I make sure they don't put **** in my tank or flatten my tires?
As Bikeguy Joe suggested.......find another way to school if you're that worried about it.......period.

JonnyR

May 13, 2012
ronkonkoma, new york
yea you have a lot of eco idiots around in california that think they know best and burning gas is a sin or something and destroying other peoples property is ok if they do it for the planet(aka there ego)

Last edited:

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Oh man Mr. That is gonna be cool. (woman notice inventive guys) And it will just be a blast.

I can't find it but Paul posted a bike alarm. Works by motion. Would suggest some thing like that. I find folks like to touch a MB and even when they don't intend harm, do so.

Weird thought, especially if you plan on higher education, would show your bike to teachers in related subjects. (Math, science, shop etc) As you have shown initiative and skill, it helps them to know you are worthy of extra thought. Kind and supportive words in their network can do wonders for you and a whole lotta life is all about banking the good will of others. Even if it don't help. It can't hurt. I'm pretty sure it would get mentioned in a letter of recommendation.

Last edited: