Heavy duty mirror mount

GoldenMotor.com

metalmaster

May 16, 2009
S.E. Tennessee
I have been wanting to replace the crappy bell plastic rear view mirror I had on my bike for a while. I picked up a nice chrome replacement mirror from a local scooter dealer, but needed a mount. I finally got some time to play in the shop today, and made a big honking super duty mount.

Jim

Attachments

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
That's a nice piece of work. It certainly looks better than my shaft collar mirror mounts. I've used a two piece 7/8" shaft collar with a 10mm nut welded to it and mirrors from scooters and motorcycles. They're functional but not near as pretty as yours.
If you'd ever have the inclination to mass produce them I think they'd sell.
Thanks for sharing. Good luck.
Tom

Last edited:

metalmaster

May 16, 2009
S.E. Tennessee
Thanks for the kind words all. Big Blue it still vibrates like crazy, but the bell mirror I had on there was pretty much unusable. I really need to do something to dampen the vibration in the bars. I hadn't really thought about making any parts for sale since I closed my shop a couple of years ago.

Jim

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
Wow! That IS a nice mount!

My old bones not so good turning around to look at traffic to the rear when I need to make lane changes... perilous! lol

A jiggly mirror is just abt worthless!

Nice work on yours!
rc

motor_bike_fanatic

Jul 26, 2011
Pennsylvania
I figured out a good way to mount my mirrors today. For the left side mirror, I took out the screw that clamps the clutch handle to the handlebars and drilled a hole all the way through, stuck my mirror through and bolted it on. It not only holds the mirror tight, it also clamps the clutch handle real good. For the right side, I took out one of the screws that holds my throttle assembly together, screwed my mirror in, and bolted it on. It also holds my throttle assembly together.