a pat on the back...

GoldenMotor.com

shiloh0

Jun 28, 2008
hello my friends, (no it's not john mccain) i think we should all collectively give ourselves a pat on the back. due to our work, sacrifice and for some of us, just no other choice, gas prices are falling due to less demand. This is big. i am an old time hot rodder, have a corvette, a bmw, a turbo dodge, 3oldsmobiles, an old dodge truck and a 4 wheel drive. in short i love fooling w/cars. but i am willing to let em sit instead of being extorted to bankruptcy by oil companies. im not a young guy anymore, at 47 and it kinda makes me sore and rubbery legged from riding my bikes. but its worth it. and prolly the exercise is doing us all a lot of good. anywayz, my little rant. thanks for your time.

jasonh

Jun 23, 2008
Longmont, CO
haha me too. I think I pedal maybe a total of 50ft during the 12mi of riding I do each day :) I used to actually pedal to work a couple times a week. Not so much any more :)

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
My weed whacker bike does get a little pedaling and I tell my wife that's my exercise. About five strokes up a short steep hill. On a long steep hill, its like pedaling a bike on the flat. So yeah it is better for my heart I'm sure.

But if I have to go to the store, it is still the china bike and no pedals.

VaporKing

May 15, 2008
Less demand, AND we are all having fun too.

VaporKing
150 Miles/Gallon = $100 per month saved

Jul 22, 2008
Northglenn,Colorado
I've always longed for that new Challenger but when I actually saw it at the dealer I quickly lost interest. Don't get me wrong. That Challenger was EVERYTHING I was hoping for right down to the 6.1 liter HEMI but I looked at it as just a car.
What's wrong with me? I've been a car nut all my life.
You know what it is?
I'm getting THE SAME satisfaction building my Motorized Bicycle as I would building a car from the ground up. For very little money I am tinkering with my fountain of youth. When a Holley Carburetor for your big block Chevy runs you 500 dollars I'm thinking that I can get almost ANY BIKE ENGINE KIT for that money. For that money I can get a real QUALITY CRUISER.
Yep. Cars to me nowadays are just cars. Whenever I do drive I find myself Hypermiling.
The gas savings is just a benefit,really.
I really just lost interest in cars.
It's crazy,really.

jasonh

Jun 23, 2008
Longmont, CO
I've kinda lost a little interest in cars too. I have an 04 SRT-4 that I don't drive a whole lot any more. I still love cars, but I find myself rather wanting to ride a motorbike or (i wish) a motorcycle.