SD Stinger opinions

GoldenMotor.com

skyhawk217

Aug 24, 2009
Decatur, IL
looking to make a 3rd build in past year. . . 1st build Grubee Skyhawk 66cc(ehh), 2nd Dax 66cc (better than Skyhawk), 3rd possibly SD Stinger:confused: any opinions or comments about the Stinger are welcomed. thanks. happy trails. -Moto Robbrnot

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
I don't know about the kits themselves but..I don't care for the fact that his ad says on sale 119.00 when they are really 139. tack on another 40 for shipping that's 179.
Cheers
Chainmaker

taddthewadd

Mar 1, 2009
Visalia, California
I bought one on ebay from him shipped for 179.00. I loooove it! I must say when I pulled it out of the box I made some mods. I put a hardware kit on it from SBP as well as the noise dampening black thing on the clutch cover and a billet intake manifold and a air filter from SBP. None of these were done for increased power but for reliability. The engine has the larger head bolts too. It runs perfectly and no noise. I once helped a guy build his bike with a different engine supplier and the noise coming from the clutch was louder than the exhaust. This stinger is quiet with no clutch noise. I just ordered a second kit. The only thing I didn't like was the chain tensioner didn't have bearings but I built a custom tensioner anyway.

Let's put it this way, I won't buy from anyone else. Not because others aren't any good but because I love this stinger engine.

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
looking to make a 3rd build in past year. . . 1st build Grubee Skyhawk 66cc(ehh), 2nd Dax 66cc (better than Skyhawk), 3rd possibly SD Stinger:confused: any opinions or comments about the Stinger are welcomed. thanks. happy trails. -Moto Robbrnot
Who is SD?

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
Sean Devrou (sp?) hes the guy that sells them. A few guys insert the first two letters to a kit motor size on a pallet of engines Ex..sd stinger, zb8o zoom bicycles. The only person I know of that did any work on the motors and not one-offs (Pirates working on theirs, I think Dax might) was kh80 kris hill but as far as I heard Canadian customs suggested (strongarmed) him into closing. Someone might buy 20 zb80's from zoom bicycles and rename them a Couch Potato Bicycles CP80
Cheers
Chainmaker

Last edited: