Wanna Become Hawaii Dealer

GoldenMotor.com

BARONVONDIZZLE

Nov 6, 2009
Kauai, Hawaii
I LIVE ON THE COUNTY OF KAUAI, HAWAII. IM INTERESTED IN SPREADING THE FUN OF MOTOR BICYCLING. I BUILT 12 BIKES ALREADY AND BEEN RIDIN FOR ABOUT 3 YEARS NOW. EXTREME POTENTIAL ON THESE ISLANDS. HELP WITH THE RIGHT DIRECTION PLEASE..shft..we.

MotorbikeMike

Dealer
Dec 29, 2007
Sacramento
Hi it will be interesting to see what next year brings with the EPA sabre rattling that has been going on.

If you are interested in 4-strokes, PM me.

Mike

pre-war Schwinn

Nov 15, 2009
Los Angeles 90039
I bet You are in a good position to contact the exporters of the bikes and the kits bring only half way from China to the US mainland chaper shipping and perha . I had just made a RAW kit bike. I am pleased with it and I imagine You too are very pleased with them. to become a dealer You could buy a container load to achieve a good bottom line cost.
to seek fincial aid you must develop a business plan. no one wants to jump on a price for a container load any more because the products were inferior for many years. Now is the time to act.
get a closeout sale or a going out of business sale. and get the bkes that suit your terrain.
also ctraigslist has the best rescorces locally for kits motors and bikes. I find that ,made in USA is a great selling point. so an older bike frame from the 1940's or 50's will increase the value of your final product by $1000 bucks and if you jump in on the "Workman" cycles type frame you can initiate a Board Track Racer design with possibility of in frame tanks. this streamlines the bike and allows for better sales Thousands instead of hundreds of dollars in profit good luck I am attaching my 1948 huffy frame pic and a Workman style pic.

Last edited:

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
A few thoughts, pardon if you've had 'em already ;)

1: Check local laws regarding any motorized bike, two or four stroke - doesn't matter.
2. Check local laws regarding becoming a motor vehicle dealer - particularly liability.
3. Build and sell a few low-cost examples before making any serious investment.
4. Don't get involved in the "used bike" game, vintage or otherwise it's done for love not profit - you'll never recoup your time and money.
5. This might sound odd - but you may not want to sell completed motorized bikes at all for the following reasons;

A: They won't be broken in so odds are they won't run the best - if you break them in, they'll be used bikes by the time your done.
B: There's a inherent "Darwinism" involved with building a MB, people learn some of the shortcomings of these kits - if you just sell them a MB, you'll probably get swamped with "warranty" claims from those that don't understand it's not a motorcycle.
C: Related to the above - an inexpensive bike will be prone to additional problems, a quality bike would inflate the price to the point of excluding a large portion of those that would be interested in them.

I'd suggest simply selling kits and accessories, including a selection of bicycles ideal for motorizing, ranging in price from your typical $100 cruiser, a couple of "choppers", and a Worksman or two. Should they wish they can buy both the engine and a bike as a complete kit - or they can "contract" you to build it for them. That way you're "on the clock" should problems or the desire to customize arise.