Thread lock

GoldenMotor.com

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
I have been using this as I like that if the bottle tips over the stuff doesn't run out and it goes on like a googer and it snot runny.rotfl
Norman

this thread locker is the same as the blue liquid. It's made by permatex same people who make many different thread lockers and sealants

Last edited:

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
I use lock tight but I haven't on this bike yet. I wanted to make sure things were how I really wanted them before I use it. Not that you cant change it but why bother when I can just wait and see.

Reminds me its time to tighten the bolts again.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
the liquid loctite is better at doing its job properly since the premise is that no oxygen is what activates the loctite
That depends on which product you use. Some of it is formulated to be applied to the threads before assembly, some after assembly. Loctite has different products that are applied differently. Not sure about Norm's Permatex.

Whatever, stay away from the red stuff unless you like drilling out broken studs or stripping the threads of small fasteners. If you gotta use it, use the blue, #242 Loctite or an equivalent.

Tom