carb cables

GoldenMotor.com

wan37

May 29, 2011
Illinois
I have a cns carb and I bought a throttle cable to replace a broke one.I also said heck with that carb,I order a nt style carb but I seem to have throttle cable and grip problems so I can't dial in the carb...any help would be good!

Last edited:

wan37

May 29, 2011
Illinois
Okay here's my whole story I had a CNS carb on and I pulled the vent tube off It ran decent but the throttle cable broke,Well I order a NT carb and a new throttle cable separate,so I put the new cable and the nt on and it idle real high and the throttle would turn but not right.I got tired of ****ing with it.so I put the cns back on and it starts and get so high idle same as the nt.Okay what to do air leak or throttle to cable too long or to short....I just don't think it a air leak really think the cable is too long or short,because it does it on booth carbs.....please tell some good news

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Does it on both carbs its a good chance its a air leak. Check around your crank seals , intake manifold etc.

If you have any kind of slack in the carb cable very likely that is not the issue here.

wan37

May 29, 2011
Illinois
It ran pretty decent before the throttle cable broke so I can't say its a air leak but I will check it. thanks

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Check back with us and let us know what you find? Lots of great folks here that enjoy helping:)

It might also help to look through the back part of the carb with the air filter off. There has been reports of the cable slide sticking on rare occasion. The part that the cable attaches to inside the top of the carb. See if it is resting down onto the idle adjustment screw properly while idling? If not it will be resting up off of it.

wan37

May 29, 2011
Illinois
I got it to run right now with the cns ya. The barrel wasn't seated in the idle spot....Well seen that and jump for joy and I took the top off and drop the little the eclip on the needle shaft 2 notches and put the vent hose back on and what a difference its awesome now..Thanks for the help this form is awesome.....wee.