OP Roller build

GoldenMotor.com

Salty Gator

Aug 3, 2009
Florida
Here's an OP Roller I picked up off of CL for a measely $100......it wasn't running and all it took to run was a new CDI and magneto....took me maybe 20 minutes to figure it out and fix it....it has the GT5 motor on it and is barely broken in....future plans call for a sprung front and all of Jim's ( Creative Engineering ) goodies on it. I'm needing to know where to find a springer for it because it has the long head tube on it.....normal springers stearing tube won't be long enough. Where can I find some that fit ?

Thanks y'all,
Salty.shft.

Attachments

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Nice buy Salty. That head tube looks to be around 10 inches long. Your only choice may be a chopper fork. Try some chopper bicycle vendors.

kipharley

Jul 9, 2009
Sanford,Maine
Hey,Salty Gator.You better check into that Springer.
I checked into the same thing.
Not that same Springer but the only one's I could find put the spring crown in the middle of the steering tube.
I couldn't find fork tubes with the longer spacing needed from the pivot point to the top of the tube where the spring crown mounts.
There's someone out there that has a Springer on an OP Roller but it looks like he modified the fork tubes himself.Kip.
[email protected]

Salty Gator

Aug 3, 2009
Florida
Hey,Salty Gator.You better check into that Springer.
I checked into the same thing.
Not that same Springer but the only one's I could find put the spring crown in the middle of the steering tube.
I couldn't find fork tubes with the longer spacing needed from the pivot point to the top of the tube where the spring crown mounts.
There's someone out there that has a Springer on an OP Roller but it looks like he modified the fork tubes himself.Kip.
[email protected]
Near as I can tell...( and measure ) ......head tube is a tad more than 8 inches......on the website they tell you it might be ( the springer they offer ) longer than you need......that's why I'm thinking it should fit the OP.....it's basically a crap shoot.......but even if it is I have another bike that it WILL fit....I'll find a way........

Thanks,
Salty.shft.

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
my trusty piece of card stock and a marker trusting the wheels are 26 inch in the pic came out just about 8 inches too