wobbling rear tire

GoldenMotor.com

linker

Jan 13, 2009
Madison WI
I'm just finishing up my latest build and found the rear wheel wobbles side to side but the axle stays put. I did have to mod the dust cover for the coaster brake but I thought everything tightened alright. Does anyone have some ideas or pointers before I start taking things apart?.spr.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
You just need to adjust the cones....it's easier with a cone wrench, but can be done with regular wrenches and a little patients.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Did you check to see if it wobbled BEFORE you started the installation? The rim might be out of true, or bent. Any loose spokes?
Tom

Bikeguy Joe

Jan 8, 2008
up north now
hey Dr. Joe, i don't have the patience to let patients work on my bike...(snicker snicker:))

sheldon brown can explain it to you: Bicycle Coaster Brakes

I may be a self employed genius visionary, but yes, I thought I spelled the wrong one there. ;)
I think I did that elsewhere a couple days ago too. Wait until I get the proper use of the word "whom" down, I'll be unstoppable!

Last edited:

Bikeguy Joe

Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Did you get the wheel problem sorted? After reading it again, I am wondering if you meant the rim is out of round, or the just loose and moving a bit from side to side?