Willing to Sell bike

GoldenMotor.com

MrLarkins

HS Math Teacher
Jun 17, 2008
Arkansas
Bike For Sale

I am looking to sell my bike as is. The motor is the standard happy time. I've installed the jackshaft kit and expansion muffler set. has front suspension, dual pull brake.

I can't seem to keep the chain on the front freewheel (jackshaft setup)...it keeps jumping. runs fine, with that one exception. here are some pictures

http://motorbicycling.com/f26/mrlarkins-upgrades-9149-7.html#post91975

in fact, if you read that whole thread, it documents the upgrades.

i'll entertain serious offers. i've put a lot of money into it and don't have the time to tinker anymore. if you have specific questions or want a close up picture of anything in particular, let me know.

LOCATION: 30miles north of Little Rock Arkansas on I40...Conway AR.

Last edited:

michaelgrav

Sep 14, 2009
sf bay area
Re: Bike For Sale

Glad to see someone using the jackshaft assembly!
The distance of the top sprocket of your jackshaft assembly should be 1/8" further from the frame than the lower sprocket. Most try to set them up the same distance usually doesn't work. Also try loosening the small top gear of the assembly and pull in the clutch
and roll the bike backwards 3 or 4 times ensuring the chain does not fall off then tighten the gear down. Keep both chains with little slack as possible. I been using one daily 6 or more miles to & from work for over a year. Also I changed the outside gear to 48t which works much better than the 42t that came with the kit.

Attachments