Opinion please

GoldenMotor.com

Greenbiker

Feb 12, 2016
Oklahoma
Ok, in another thread i went over what im building, so i wont gonover the while mess again, but im polling to see if any of the wheelheads here or long time builders have an opinion om this wheelset:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JFXIG9U?redirect=true&ref_=pe_1861300_167944050_em_1p_2_ti

Yes i know, the spokes are a little 14ga, but, with clean hubs like that, it should be a pretty easy deal to swap out a busted spoke.
Im looking for basic ransport, not a racer or off roader, but it will be on a hard frame (no suspension)
So the two main questions, do these seem like they will work?
And what about the roller brakes? Good for a motorized bike
Additional info:
Cruiser frame
4 stroke HS engine with jack shaft.
Thanks

Greenbiker

Feb 12, 2016
Oklahoma
Curtis, thanks! And yes, i have, i wanted to try to find something without a coaster brake because i didnt think it was roght for my build, but injust realized something: i will be using a jackshaft, so there will be no way to back pedal to engage the coaster brale anyway, so using the jackshaft renders the coaster brake unusable, so i will have to use a rim brake in back and the drum up front. I was gonna purchase from lynn at custommotoredbikes.com but if i can get the huskys for almost half that, i will do that.

Greenbiker

Feb 12, 2016
Oklahoma
Yes, and thanks. They are 11 or 12 ga from what i remember but i may have been mistaken. I was looking for options to the coaster brake because i feel like it isnt right for my build, but i just realized i will be using a jaclshaft for this and the front freewheel will obviate the coaster brake as i will not be able to back pedal the chain to engage it. So i will use a rim on the back and the drum up front. This will save me some money over a more expensive wheelset. Im just trying to make sure theres no way this can backfire on me.