Gas boiling in carb

GoldenMotor.com

Djfanforlife88

Feb 28, 2014
Virginia beach
Like the Title says the gas is boiling in the carb and coming out the overflow by the filter the needle is on third notch down it is a speed carb and I have a 36 tooth sprocket on it sounds like not getting to full throttle :-||

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Plastic spacer or not. Fuel boiling isn't your problem. The float is not closing the float valve. Either there is trash in the needle and seat or the float adjustment is way off.

I suspect it is dirt in the needle valve. This is a common problem if you're not using an in-line fuel filter. The kit tanks are notorious for containing dirt, rust and scale that once gets to the carburetor will block the float valve from closing causing the symptoms you describe.

You need to drain then flush the fuel tank, clean the carb then install a filter between the tank and carburetor. That will probably solve your problem.

Tom

Djfanforlife88

Feb 28, 2014
Virginia beach
okay will tear it apart and check it's actually a brand new carburetor that I just put on and I've got the inline filter but it's the original one that come with the kit so I'll get rid of that and get another one and see what It looks like.

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia