new in p.a. & hello

GoldenMotor.com

wing nut

Aug 9, 2012
warren p.a.
hi every one , ive lurked for a while here & have gleaned some valueable information..i recently came into a schwinn delmar & a 66cc skyhawk ..motor was never ran & the original owners broke the small motor mount ,then they quit . i got the whole package for $100..(yeah its a schwinn delmar )..but $100!!..none the less after an expensive new hd tire ,rim & hub & innards ..brass pet cock & fuel filter ..my new toy sputtered to life today & its more fun than i should legally be allowed to have !! thankx so very much for having this website up & avaliable
for now i am hooked after a ten minute ride
thanks again wing nut

wing nut

Aug 9, 2012
warren p.a.
just on my maiden 10 min voyage i had many rubberneckers & ?'s...waiting for it to cool down some & ill be off round the block till i get all the rattles & wiggles & loose parts taked care of

wing nut

Aug 9, 2012
warren p.a.
thank you for the fast & great welcomes ....well the inevatable ..chain stretch & that awful stock chain tentioner !!
also wont idle at standstill ..just a slight pressure on the throttle & all evens out & keeps running
prolly minor stuff but am looking for serious & hopefully permanent solutions for the tentioner ..any tips?....thank you in advance

wing nut

Aug 9, 2012
warren p.a.
thank you mr bean ..im new to this & im not really sure which carb i have
i think its a cns yda ...stock to a 2011 .. 66cc. skyhawk gt5 ..with the red air box
arent those the ones with factory sealed screws?..also i live in warren p.a. ,,50 to 60 miles S.E. from erie p.a.

Powertool

Jul 8, 2012
Bradford,TN.
Replace all the china hardware on the tentioner ,with nuts and bolts made in usa.
Position on rail,closer to rear sprocket is best for adjustment ,make sure to tighten very tight. Check to see if the roller is line with chain,if not place adjustable below roller and bend for correct alignment , test ride . make sure it works smoothly . if so drill and tap tentioner and rail, use center punch so drill will not walk. with 10-36 bolt . this worked for me