wheres a good kickstand?

GoldenMotor.com

jon.karak

Apr 7, 2011
U.S.A.
I'm happy with the Sunlite Pro Double Alloy Kickstand. It handles the added weight of the motorized kit no problem. Nice and stable. And inexpensive.

About the only downside is that it does not fold as tightly as traditional bicycle kickstand. It just makes it a bit more difficult to curb-jump, or riding up/down stairs.:)

mirage

Oct 31, 2010
england
How about useing an ordinary side stand, one on each side, in line of course, now get someone to hold the bike up straight. now measure the gap from the legs to the ground, and add this, plus another, say 2 inches, now the clever bit, you weld a bar across to each one, straight if you are lucky with your frame to miss the rear tyre, if not, just make it curved, Now all you have to do is push down on it from either side,

and the bike is lifted clear. and a wider safer stand than any ready made type. I am going to try it myself, as i need one, I think it will fold back in the sams position. Don,t know till it,s made.

happyjourney

Mar 13, 2011
Key West FL
does that sunlite double kickstand hold your front or rear end up in the air? I don't like the looks of it but i'm tired of my bike falling over. its real sandy here in key west florida and kickstands just sink right into the sand. i'll think my things are fine propped on a peice of wood for a minute in the sand and turn around and my bikes fallen over with everything spilling out of the baskets. it screwed my laptop up taking one of those falls. luckily i worked around it but its a real pain. once i get my new build all dolled up i sure as **** don't want it falling over and screwing things up.