needs MOAR powah

GoldenMotor.com

Elixys

Sep 14, 2010
Midland, TX
hey everybody,
as you can see by the title, im looking for something with a bit moar power than my flying horse 66cc motor. still havent been able to get my large frame up above 25 mph even in the downhills.....honestly im considering buying a motorcycle but dont want to go through the hassle of getting licensed/registered/insured. plus people do tend to watch out a little more for bicycleists than they do for motorcycleists around here. any suggestions on how to boost power up some more than what it already is?
here's the specs on the bike/motor/mods done

Kulana Riviera single speed rear coaster brake
66/80cc Silver flying horse gas engine/kit
high performance CNS carb (tuned)
chrome banana expansion chamber *50 bucks via gasbike.net*
NGK B6HS spark plug
plug boot/wire stock
running 32/1 fuel/oil mix
stock 44 T sprocket
REGINA double rolled heavy duty 415 chain

and thats about it......motor is through the break in period so that shouldnt be an issue......honestly i wanted to know if there was a way to get myself up to about 35 even 40 mph or so......i only have one hill on the daily drive to contend with and its not much in the way of a hill....more of a long slightly elevated expanse.......is it time to change out the sprocket size or maybe go with a higher quality expansion chamber? sorry but i dont have a picture of the bike since i cant get the camera phone to work and dont have moneys for a decent digital camera.....some helpful opinions would be greatly appreciated......maybe a larger more powerful engine? i saw some 150cc greyhound 4 stroke engines they had at that tool website...cant remember the name right now......maybe upgrade to one of those? wonder if it would even fit on a bike frame.......anyways let me know everybody. Thanks very much, ELI

Black_Moons

Oct 25, 2010
Canada, Bc
Port match the intake and exhaust (the ports on the intake manifold and exhaust itself, not the engine), that produces a BIG proformance gain, Then try making a much bigger air filter for the CNS carb, And insure theres absolutely ZERO air leaks on the intake, And tune it. Mine after all this sounds like it will overrev and blow if I leave it WOT too long.

Elixys

Sep 14, 2010
Midland, TX
as far as it rpm'ming out with the 44t yes. it does......as far as the manifolds being ported, yes they are...as far as a bigger air filter for the cns carb....hmmmm.. thats a possibility i hadnt considered......as far as air leaks, wouldnt you be able to tell if there were an air leak? from what I understand if you have an air leak you lose something like half your power and the motor runs real finnicky. so if there is an air leak, then I did something wrong......but i dont believe there is an air leak.......also, cns carb is tuned perfectly

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
I think you can get a little more out of it considering you got the big motor. If you feel your tuning it good you'll probably do better with taller gearing.

I have a 48cc with 40T sprocket, and standard carb. I weigh 215 lbs, and my bike about 60 lbs. I have very minor port work on the manifolds, $12 air cleaner, and a 68 jet.

My bike will pull 28 up a slight grade, and on slight down hill I've hit 33, but it took 2 blocks to do it. On most slight down grades I can see 30. Your bike might do alright with a 36T, but mine has so little torque I don't think I would be happy with less than my 40.

Black_Moons

Oct 25, 2010
Canada, Bc
I had a small air leak because the CNS carb, when you get the manifold up to the 'gasket' inside, thats not how it mounts. It mounts another 1/4" DEEPER into the gasket to make a 100% seal. Makes a BIG diffrence, I went from running lean with the needle at the bottom E clip position, To blowing smoke badly and having to move the clip up one just to be running rich cleanly.

Elixys

Sep 14, 2010
Midland, TX
hmmmmm......ill take another look at it just in case. but i still dont think that I have an air leak....meh, ive been wrong before. so if there is an air leak, seal it up with some ??? force it onto the manifold? teflon tape around the manifold till it seals completely maybe...carb has one of those plastic inserts round the inside of the mounting hole....take the insert out and trim around the backside with the dremel maybe? haha the wife says that since the bike runs i shouldnt mess with it because Ill break something again.....i told her that I knew what I was doing.laff

Black_Moons

Oct 25, 2010
Canada, Bc
Nah you don't need to modify the plastic insert, What you need to do is first remove it, insert the manifold, Note that you gotta align it perfictly and push a little harder to seat it 1/4" or so deeper into the gasket in the carb
Note how deep it is, And then manage to reassemble it with the plastic thing, that deep.

killercanuck

Dec 17, 2009
Wallaceburg ON
I've read from someone that accidentally nicked their insert with a grinder, that then scuffing the insert with sandpaper(220+), inside and out will help it to hold better, sealant or not. Just a thought.

gl.