Pivot Point Design.

GoldenMotor.com

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
51.3 mm (2.02") diameter jackshaft sealed bearings is what I sorta was looking for. I want to use a one piece style crank set type body to make a pivot point if possible? [Rear suspension] Point of out put directly behind the motor. A single A body frame design pivot point.

Still looking around for more ideas? If'n anybody has one?

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
I believe in your BB idea,or If a rear wheel mount motor then the pivot ahead of the crank,,,,a jackshaft could support both the rear wheel triangle pivot and be a perfect pivot for the chain drive also at the same time,I think this set-up is in our threads already ,or a linked pic ,

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Combine this Bottom Bracket Cartridge 206mm with this http://www.sickbikeparts.com/catalog/images/BB-Conv-Kit.jpg All on the smaller type three piece bike shell. To get a J shaft and a pivot point all in one shot..

The best Idea I have come up with yet. Cut the extra large bottom bracket to size. Take it to a drill press drill the end holes deeper re-thread to original thread [note to self prolly gonna destroy a tape mebbe not]. Invert the two adapter pieces [races] grind down to clear the threaded ends to the bottom bracket. Use washers as well.

Find two races weld them to my rear trailing arms to match the adapter pieces they could move independently on the same shaft. Sounded good for a moment still thinking it through.

Last edited:

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Could even use 4 more sealed bearings to pull it off gotta sleep on this one. lol

If'n it works no need for a machine shop yay. Use somthing equivalent to the caps like on Auto motive U joints.

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
this is a super comp cad drawing program,but I think I'll keep my pencil and note book
_____
l l motor
i=l l
l l____l
l
l O< frame
il-ill--ll-l- jackshaft i = sprokets,,,,l-ll--ll-l- = bearings and shaft
l l O l O = tire
l l ll l <rear triangle ll
l l ll l ll
l_Il l__l_ <axle l l = wheel
l I l l l l l
ll ll I
ll ll I =rear sproket
O

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Cool stuff GH. Looking forward to seeing where you go with this.

Related side note, I always thought the bicycle BB was over complicated. Works great and is amazing but could be done better with the parts and the like your suggesting. 3pc where the cranks just slide in and are locked with a set screw. If you need wider or shorter shaft, just swap it out. Could make your own with a drill press and cut off saw. Would make it a snap to add engine powered freewheel.

.flg.

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
I was wondering the other day how many different designs were done on rear suspention,I will look at more completely later,15-20 at a time