Felt tank question

GoldenMotor.com

Rotor

May 24, 2009
Tacoma Wa
I just purchased a Felt Twin cruiser, and was wondering what was the best method for a fuel fill on the tube tank? any suggestions or at least a nudge in the right direction would be appreciated.

Thanks, Rotor

Rotor

May 24, 2009
Tacoma Wa
I have read about sealing the tank. In the article I read on another forum they used brake bleeders to fill and vent the top tube tank. It really seemed like there had to be a better way to fill. Is that what you used on your build Clotho? weld on or epoxy on? anyways thanks for the link!

Rotor

Clotho

May 25, 2008
Brake bleeders?

I used JB Weld to seal the holes in my tank then I used a tank sealant process to seal it. I used a bung and cap similar to the one I linked to fill with. To vent it I drilled a hole in the cap, attached a brass fitting and ran a hose like you see on motocross bikes.

Rotor

May 24, 2009
Tacoma Wa
on the fuel fill bungs you guys posted, would it be best to weld, braze or epoxy in? Thanks for the responses!

Rotor

Clotho

May 25, 2008
Welding by a professional is always best but you can kiss the paint goodbye. I epoxied mine. If you make sure the surfaces are clean epoxy can be an incredibly strong bond. If you apply the JBWeld (Epoxy) to the surfaces and then work them a bit with a wire brush the bond will be even stronger.